Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t think so. In particular it doesn’t explain why the border patrol agents were disinvited.

The Biden administration has no love for cops in general and the border patrol in particular. In most instances the feeling is mutual.
    That’s putting it mildly with regard to the BP folk.
    #RESIST

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/a-time...hool-shooting/

Video and calls to 911 reveal a timeline of horror after gunman Salvador Ramos, 18, opened fire and fatally shot 19 fourth-grade students and two teachers on Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.

11:27 a.m.: Video shows a rear door to the Robb Elementary School school propped open by a teacher.

11:28 a.m.: Salvador Ramos crashes his grandmother’s truck nearby. The teacher goes inside the school, apparently to grab a cellphone. Ramos opens fire on two men at a funeral home across the street. The teacher is seen on video on her phone and believed to be calling 911.

11:30 a.m.: A 911 caller, who could be the teacher who grabbed phone, says a car has crashed and that there’s a man with a gun.

11:31 a.m.: Ramos begins shooting at the school. Police arrive at the funeral home. A cop drives into the school parking lot but doesn’t see Ramos, who is crouching between vehicles.

11:33 a.m.: The gunman enters the school through the propped-open door and walks down a hallway toward rooms 111 and 112, firing off more than 100 rounds.

11:35 a.m.: Three Uvalde police officers enter the school, followed by four more cops, including a county deputy sheriff. The doors to both of the classrooms are locked.

11:37 a.m.: Sixteen more shots are fired.

11:51 a.m.: A police sergeant and other officers arrive at the school.

12:03 p.m.: Now as many as 19 officers are in the hallway. A student calls 911 and says she’s in room 112.

12:10 p.m.: The same student calls 911 again saying multiple people are dead.

12:13 p.m.: That student again calls 911.

12:15 p.m.: Members of the Border Patrol Tactical Unit arrive.

12:16 p.m.: The same student calls 911 again saying eight to nine students are alive.

12:19 p.m.: A second student in room 111 calls 911 but hangs up.

12:21 p.m.: Ramos fires again, as officers retreat down the hallway. Shots can be heard on a 911 call from inside.

12:36 p.m.: The first student dials 911 again, saying the gunman shot the door.

12:43 & 12:47 p.m.: The student on the line begs the dispatcher to send police.

12:46 p.m.: The student says she can hear police next door.

12:50 p.m.: Cops use keys from a janitor to open the classroom door and shoot and kill Ramos. Shots are heard on the 911 call.

12:51 p.m.: Officers can be heard on the 911 calls getting students out of the classroom. The same kid who called is outside when the call ends.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s putting it mildly with regard to the BP folk.
    I find it interesting DOJ announces their impending review at the roughly the same time the Biden admin un-invites the LE personnel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I find it interesting DOJ announces their impending review at the roughly the same time the Biden admin un-invites the LE personnel.
    You’re on the wrong track with this. The DOJ probe is about bigger issues such as leader ship and preparation failure, and potentially obstruction of justice and public corruption.

Keep in mind, my understanding is DOJ has only done reviews of two prior active shooter incidents, San Bernardino and pulse night club both of which have a pencil national security implications. I am not suggesting there were any national security implications here but rather it takes something more than individual cops not pushing hard enough to trigger this type of review.

Site Supporter

Critical Conversation

Preliminary critique based on 12 years of SWAT and TL role

I’ve had to go through the door and conduct hostage rescue of children on and active shooter call

Inadequate understanding of tactics by the “tactical commander “ on scene

Poor cohesion and comprehension of the tactical problem being presented

Conflating barricaded armed subject and active shooter leads to the absolute wrong tactical response

Hesitation by the rank and file to do what needs to be done when it needed to be done in the presence of weak and ineffectual formal leadership

Finally in the absence of direct tactical command and leadership some meat eaters arrived on scene and determined the correct course of action

Locate close with and destroy the threat

There will hopefully be accountability and those who responded and failed to act and /or were “combat ineffective “ will be sanctioned

There is no excuse and no forgiveness

Those first three officers who made entry into the school (11:35)…. IIRC two were hit and receiving “grazing” wounds. Do we know if any of this group had long guns of any sort?

I actually pretty shocked that any BP guys would accept an invite from Biden. Let’s Go Brandon!
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Those first three officers who made entry into the school (11:35)…. IIRC two were hit and receiving “grazing” wounds. Do we know if any of this group had long guns of any sort?

I actually pretty shocked that any BP guys would accept an invite from Biden. Let’s Go Brandon!
    The school district police officers do not have long guns but there were a bunch of long guns in the hands of officers from other agencies in that hallway.

Site Supporter
    Background On the school district police chief but it’s behind a pay wall.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...f-17204370.php

In summary, born and raised in Uvalde after college started with Uvalde PD has a dispatcher then Officer and detective. After 16 years at UPD he went to the Webb county sheriffs office in Laredo, then the Laredo school district police before returning to Uvalde at the school district police chief in 2020. 50 years old, 25 years in law enforcement

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/uv...chool-shooting

Federal government may provide funds to demolish then rebuild Robb Elementary School

Federal government may provide funds to demolish then rebuild Robb Elementary School
    President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden visit a memorial at Robb Elementary School to pay their respects to the victims of the mass shooting, Sunday, May 29, 2022, in Uvalde, Texas. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
    President Biden suggested to a local lawmaker on Sunday that the federal government may provide funds to raze Robb Elementary School, where 21 people were shot and killed on Tuesday.

"He said, 'I'm not going away. I'm going to bring you resources. We're going to look to raze that school, build a new one,'" state Sen. Roland Gutierrez, who represents Uvalde, told local news outlet KSAT.

"I can't tell you how many little children that I've talked to that don't want to go into that building. They're just traumatized. They're just destroyed," Gutierrez added.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Background On the school district police chief but it’s behind a pay wall.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...f-17204370.php

In summary, born and raised in Uvalde after college started with Uvalde PD has a dispatcher then Officer and detective. After 16 years at UPD he went to the Webb county sheriffs office in Laredo, then the Laredo school district police before returning to Uvalde at the school district police chief in 2020. 50 years old, 25 years in law enforcement
    Wonder how his "peer reviews" read.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List