Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,446 of 1446

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I can speak to the communication part…

Yesterday, I was taking a promotional test about an hour north from work. Myself and another officer took the same vehicle up… she was having an issue with her eye, so I was going to stop at work so she could drop her gun and then take her to the urgent care. Completely mundane ride back. Just entered a town about midway along the trip… radio call comes in; armed bank robbery in same town. [emoji2959]

Vehicle I was in was one from another port in our AOR (marked, lights, radio, PA, and cage), so I call in and say I’m passing the front of the bank with nothing out of the ordinary. No response. Swing around the back (enter the exit only), two cars leaving… both said the drive thru wouldn’t help them (neither appeared to be a threat… “get out of here”). Pull along side the entrance, get cover behind the engine… and start trying to figure out what I’m going to do (same call put out again, and hear a BPA is a minute or 2 away). Figured with the time from the call to my response… probably still in the bank. Armor is sitting at work, no M4 in the weapon rack… so I’m just shaking my head hoping the next unit has more than just a handgun.

Other officer is telling me she can use her other eye… I tell her to call 911 and coordinate, as it was clear the radio isn’t broadcasting/dispatch is answering me. I also didn’t want to leave her outside, and the subject gets outside and ambushes her. She gets thru to State Police, tells dispatch we are on scene… “robber left the bank, headed south in a grey car.” Hangs up. [emoji849] Granted I get you got stuff to do, but are you seriously going to cut communication to another agency at the location while you can still dispatch responding officers?

BP arrives… I yell to relay that on the mic… either he heard that on the radio or thru the window… starts booking it south. I holster up, jump in and follow him (single BPA… not going to let him go alone). We went thru 2 towns… eventually meeting up with northbound BP… 1 grey car, not the subject. Somewhere on the way south, found out the car plate was a taxi and the robber (single subject) had a red hoodie. Prior to meeting up with other BP, 3 or 4 State Police blow by us heading north. BP in front asks if we are chasing our tail… references me… I call over that was State dispatch info… that was heard so we continued.

BP spins around, we exchange a few words… he says he is going to circle back and check side streets. Told him I’ll do the same south, mainly because my main concern was the safety of the other officer. Granted, zero issue if stuff goes down when we both can see… I don’t want it to happen when she can’t. Call my supervisor as we round the first block, he said to return… suspects in custody. Still not over the radio, probably another 3 or 4 minutes before it was put out.

Later found out local police was closing up the interstate which runs to our work. BP had multiple units with stopsticks south of us. Would have had a great response if a grey car made it south.

Two guys robbed a bank in the town I took the test in, then robbed the bank I responded to. Left on foot, walked across the street before I arrived, and was at the local grocery store. State Police got them, tased 1 (I’m big with carrying a taser, people at work listening to the radio said they figured it was me). Complete s***show of a response, but with what we had available… I had zero issue telling management what I did/choices I made. If someone wants to say I was wrong, talk to the State dispatcher.

Looking back, I think I should have disregarded State and checked the bank when BP arrived. At the very least, made sure people were ok… and possibly got better info out (BP had zero radio issues). But it still was crappy situation, and did what I could. Granted, not almost 300 responding officers/agents… nor was a waste of life executing children… but understand the difficulty with coordinating a response.

Working for the state, I always found myself working with multiple agencies during high incidents: officer down shooting, prison escape, manhunt, natural disaster, etc. Communication was always a cluster, always. It would be discussed as a key issue in the aftermath, yet nothing ever changed.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    An aside: do we know the names of those officers/agents? Has anyone thought to set up a "Buy Heroic Cop #3 a beer/coffee/park bench placard" fund?

Might be nice while society as a whole craps on the B team to recognize and thank the starters.
    To my knowledge none of the six are seeking public attention.

It’s funny, because there was a dumb ass border patrol agent who was off duty getting his haircut and couldn’t even be bothered to be armed off duty that was throwing his ugly suck in front of every camera and microphone he could find bragging about borrowing a shotgun from his barber.

A bunch of the fudd crowd seized on this dumbass and falsely claimed that he took out the shooter by himself with a barrel shotgun.

The doors are busy doing not seeking the spotlight.

Site Supporter
    https://www.expressnews.com/news/art...count=MQ%3D%3D

FBI arrests woman who claims she plotted Uvalde massacre with shooter

A woman who claims to have been the girlfriend of the Uvalde mass shooter has been arrested in Puerto Rico over alleged threats to Uvalde residents, including several affected by the 2022 massacre at Robb Elementary School.
    Victoria Gabriela Rodriguez-Morales, 19, lived in Uvalde until 2020 and allegedly has been making threats to residents there since at least 2018, court records show.

Last week, the FBI arrested her in Puerto Rico, accusing her of continuing to make threats online threats and harassing the families of victims of the Robb Elementary shooting. In a filing Wednesday, federal prosecutors asked a judge to keep her incarcerated without setting bond.

"Since 2018, Defendant has engaged in a pattern of threats directed at institutions (including a children’s hospital and schools) in Texas and at law enforcement involved in the investigation of her repeated threats," Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeanette M. Collazo-Ortiz said in a court motion. "At least one of her threats resulted in the temporary closing of a school in Texas, disrupting the lives of teachers, students and parents."

Rodriguez-Morales allegedly began making threats when she was sent to a juvenile detention center in Texas.
    "During her detention, on or about 2018, she sent email threats to kill public officials, shoot schools, and kill teachers and students," an FBI agent said in a court affidavit. "Per official documents related to the case, Rodriguez-Morales admitted the conduct."

As a condition for her release from juvenile supervision, she and her family relocated to Puerto Rico in May 2020, the affidavit said.

But the threats didn't stop.

"The pattern of threats directed at Uvalde officials and institutions continued throughout the years 2020, 2021, 2022, and continue to take place in 2023," the affidavit for her arrest said. "For example, in September 2020, Rodriguez-Morales, using her mother’s phone number ending in 5506 and another relative’s phone ending in 9269, made repeated calls to the Uvalde Police, the Uvalde High School, the Morales Junior High School, the Texas Public Safety Department-Texas Rangers Uvalde, the Uvalde Fire Department, and the Uvalde High School Department of Human Resources. She also sent threatening emails."
    Many of her alleged threats referred to the mass shooting committed by Salvador Ramos, who killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary on May 24, 2022. The threats were sent by email, social media posts and direct messages to people in Uvalde, Dilley and other towns and counties near Uvalde.

In some of them, Rodriguez-Morales claimed she was Ramos' former girlfriend and that they'd planned to commit the massacre together — though he didn't wait for her.

A law enforcement source familiar with Rodriguez-Morales said her claims, like many others Texas Rangers investigated, were untrue. It was one of several stories she concocted, the source said.

She allegedly made some of her threats and claims on Instagram and Facebook, the FBI affidavit said. In one Facebook post, she claimed to have warned Pedro "Pete" Arredondo, who was the chief of Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District's police department, four days before Ramos committed the massacre.

"Pete Arredondo thought he had it but look how he ended, being hated by everyone," stated an Instagram post in May 2023. "That how i wanted to destroy him. Pete didnt listen to me and i told him i was going to send someone to shoot theirs school only at uvalde but he said “ yeah come and proove it” so i sended salvador my ex boyfriend to shoot a school from uvalde. He dint wait for me so he did the Robb elementary by himself. Sadly he got killed…"
    The post also claimed "We Clowns" would commit a mass shooting at Uvalde High School and blow up Memorial Hospital in Uvalde.

"When????? Its gonna be surprise," the post said.

The law enforcement source said there was no evidence Rodriguez-Morales contacted Arredondo to warn him of the impending shooting at Robb Elementary.

Arredondo, who was considered the on-scene commander at the school that day, was fired in August 2022 in the fallout over a flawed, slow-moving police response to the massacre.

Another post said Rodriguez-Morales would haunt everyone in the graduating classes of 2022 and 2023.
    "Each and every single one of y’all will die in the name of Salvador I have a whole clown crew waiting for my signal to start the plan…” the post said, adding that the victims of the Robb mass shooting "deserved to die."

Other posts claimed she and others would carry out bombings or shootings at various schools, hospitals and other facilities.

The FBI National Threat Operations Center received a complaint on Oct. 2, 2023, from a person who, while watching a streaming session on a social media platform, witnessed another person, whose username was “shooter_2022,” enter the chat room and post “We will shoot Uvalde Texas high school and Texas A&M college.”

Rodriguez-Morales also sent emails to Uvalde school district employees, the affidavit said.

One social-media post was directed at Kimberly Mata-Rubio, who lost her daughter, Lexi, in the Robb mass shooting and ran for mayor of Uvalde this year. "If Mata Rubio wins the elections I will kill her," it said.

Mata-Rubio lost to Uvalde councilman Cody Smith, a former mayor of the city, in the general election on Nov. 7.
    The FBI, who worked the case with help from the Secret Service, obtained search warrants for social media and email accounts linked to Rodriguez-Morales, some of which originated at a school she attends in Puerto Rico.

Her parents met with federal prosecutors and investigators while Rodriguez-Morales was still a juvenile in 2022 and noted she had been receiving mental health treatment. But her moother expressed skepticism that her daughter had made the threats.

In some cases, Rodriguez-Morales made them with borrowed phones, investigators said.

"These criminal charges are a last resort of the Government in a years-long effort to deter Defendant’s terrorizing of Uvalde residents," prosecutor Collazo-Ortiz said in a motion to detain Rodriguez-Morales. "The Government has sought other means, short of criminal charges, including repeatedly alerting the family to the repeated threats by Defendant and making them aware of resources that could assist Defendant. But these did not stop Defendant’s threats of violence."

^^^That’s an interesting plot twist. At first blush, she sounds more like a certified nutter than any sort of mastermind, but I’m curious to see how this case pans out down the road.

@HCM, I appreciate the times you post info like this. Interesting stuff.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ^^^That’s an interesting plot twist. At first blush, she sounds more like a certified nutter than any sort of mastermind, but I’m curious to see how this case pans out down the road.

@HCM, I appreciate the times you post info like this. Interesting stuff.
    I’m on a lot of weird mailing lists…

Don't know if this is been aired before. Just showed up on YouTube 4 days ago.

User Tag List