Page 112 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1446

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

I just had the chance to watch the entire video. Screw them ALL! There wasn’t one person man enough to take action?!?!? Holding up a shield at the far end of a hallway with 20 people between you and the door???? Kneeling down to tie shoe laces??? Getting latex gloves on to save children???? Weighing 325 pounds, and being in law enforcement???? Rolling sleeves up, and then rolling them back down(blue plaid shirt guy)??? I didn’t see where and when the CPB guys who made entry showed up, so I’ll reserve judgement there. This truly was a sickening “response”, and I’m not saying that lightly!

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    This gets said all the time, and I'm willing to get onboard with it generally, but I do not think that cops with thin-blue-line Punisher logos in rural Texas are failing because they are too woke.
    They may not be 'woke',, but the factors I described above may very well have inuenced their recruiting, hiring, and training. They very likely may not be the right person for the job.

By the way, I consider the Punisher Logo shit to be a huge red flag, and I'm not too fond of the over use of the thin blue line flag either. Especially in uniform, or on duty gear? That's just fucking retarded. Desperate recruiting/hiring of unqualified people due to no sane person wanting the job is also part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    They may not be 'woke',, but the factors I described above may very well have inuenced their recruiting, hiring, and training. They very likely may not be the right person for the job.

By the way, I consider the Punisher Logo shit to be a huge red flag, and I'm not too fond of the over use of the thin blue line flag either. Especially in uniform, or on duty gear? That's just fucking retarded. Desperate recruiting/hiring of unqualified people due to no sane person wanting the job is also part of the problem.
    To quote one of my former Deputy Chiefs dismissing the difficulties of hiring "Anybody can write a ticket..."
    Just so.

That's not what LE does anymore.
    Brother, that's the truest thing in this thread.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I just had the chance to watch the entire video. Screw them ALL! There wasn’t one person man enough to take action?!?!? Holding up a shield at the far end of a hallway with 20 people between you and the door???? Kneeling down to tie shoe laces??? Getting latex gloves on to save children???? Weighing 325 pounds, and being in law enforcement???? Rolling sleeves up, and then rolling them back down(blue plaid shirt guy)??? I didn’t see where and when the CPB guys who made entry showed up, so I’ll reserve judgement there. This truly was a sickening “response”, and I’m not saying that lightly!
    Video never tells the whole story. There were clearly DHS/BP guys on scene prior who can be seen in the hallway. The DHS guys who made entry where on scene approximately half hour prior to making entry. They were initially told to wait outside the building so they don’t appear on the hallway ISS camera till later.

Site Supporter

I agree with you the Punisher logo thing is a red flag. Not because of wokeness but rather because it screams Dunning-Krueger / unconscious incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Video never tells the whole story. There were clearly DHS/BP guys on scene prior who can be seen in the hallway. The DHS guys who made entry where on scene approximately half hour prior to making entry. They were initially told to wait outside the building so they don’t appear on the hallway ISS camera till later.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I did see BHP/BP guys at the near end of the hallway, but they were there for a while (as you stated).

Just looks like a lotta folks milling around waiting for some direction. The hand sanitizer, cell phone, sleeve rolling and unrolling just seem like nervous tics. Meanwhile, the "Chief" is trying to establish comms with the bad guy with the gun. Classic COC issue.
    If you have a murderous asshole standing between you and dead and dying kids and teachers, there is only one solution, and it ain't "talking it out". And it sure as f*ck shouldn't take over an hour either.
    When they first made contact and took fire, they fell back way too far. Tick tock, tick tock motherfuckers, life is bleeding out onto the floors while you call for more gear and try to formulate a plan. Your only plan should be getting to those doors and engaging, at a minimum drawing the fire off those kids and onto yourselves. How many of those parents would have gladly taken those officers weapons and stormed that classroom, knowing it would probably cost them their lives? Probably all of them. If the comms in the building were as bad as reported, I'm pretty sure you could have thought you heard the words GO, GO, GO anytime you wanted. Yet there you are, milling around in all the cool-guy gear not doing a f*cking thing to save lives. You don't need a 50 million dollar purchase of shields, you need the will. You had all the gear you needed when the initial contact was made.

And last but not least, thank God for that plaid shirt wearing BORTAC stud and his ad hoc team who did the work that everyone else refused to do.
    If you were on scene that day, and stood around with your dick in your hand like most of them, I honestly don't see how you can continue on in LE.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I literally don't care if you're offended by my take on things. There is so much wrong with what happened in Uvalde that the entire country should be infuriated and there's a few officers that should never "serve" again.
    I agree with you re: the stalled cluster fuck in the hallway.

But I disagree that letting an officer in a personal circumstance where no one could reasonably be expected to maintain judgement make a solo banzai run would be a positive contribution or the solution to all the other seen issues in that hallway.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    By who? They were the tactical team they were hoping for. Did they finally receive permission to enter or did they go all "fuck it, lets do it live"?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List