Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1446

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Have they released the radio transcripts, or recording themselves yet? Seems like that would be a pretty easy thing to verify whether or not an officer asked for permission to shoot someone on the radio.
    That’s part of the issue - the other part is was there a coach staff member outside with kids at the time?

A Uvalde Police Department officer saw someone outside, but was unsure of who he saw and observed children in the area as well. Ultimately, it was a coach with children on the playground, not the shooter,” McLaughlin continued.
    How much worse would it be if a UPD officer shot a school staff member in error?

One of the arguments for LPVO’s or red dots with magnifiers on patrol rifles is not to take shots at extended distances but for magnification to allow better target discrimination at ranges of 100 yards and in. PID is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Mayor of Uvalde disputes the claim that a UPD Officer failed to take a shot at the shooter outside the school.

Uvalde mayor: ALERRT report is inaccurate, does not provide complete account of Robb Elementary massacre
    Has the mayor provided anything other than his statement?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Has the mayor provided anything other than his statement?
    Not yet.

Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

According to ALERRT’s report, that specific detail is based on an officer’s statement and not camera footage. So either someone observed (or thought they observed) it or the mayor is using the lack of video evidence to make the department look better.

The report doesn’t say who reported the incident, just “officer’s statement to investigating officer.” So it could be the rifle-armed officer, the supervisor or a third officer.
    Last edited by S Jenks; 07-11-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Clarification

Site Supporter
    https://www.kvue.com/article/news/sp...2-f48a9adf23a0

VIDEO: Hallway footage in Uvalde school shooting obtained by KVUE

Until Tuesday, the public has not seen footage from inside Robb Elementary leading up to the tragic deaths of 21 people.

UVALDE, Texas — Editor's note: KVUE has blurred parts of the video out of sensitivity for the victims and their families.
    As of Tuesday, July 12, state and local leaders have not released video from inside Robb Elementary School on the day an 18-year-old gunman freely entered the school and holed up in a classroom, where he killed 19 students and two teachers.

That video was obtained by Austin American-Statesman and KVUE Senior Reporter Tony Plohetski. Both media outlets have elected to release that footage Tuesday to provide transparency to the community, showing what happened as officials waited to enter that classroom.
    Below is a breakdown of what the full video shows:
    Initially, the video shows a truck crashing outside Robb Elementary School on May 24, and the 18-year-old gunman walking to the school building. The video then shows the gunman entering the school and walking down the hallway to a classroom, carrying a long gun.

Five seconds after the gunman turns the corner, the video shows a young boy come into the frame.
    The boy witnesses the first gunshots in the school before running away, presumably unharmed. The shooter did not appear to see the boy, based on the video.

The video then shows the gunman start shooting toward the classroom before walking in. Between gunfire, screams can be heard from the teachers and students inside the classroom.
    The video shows the first armed law enforcement officers arrive in the school hallway three minutes after the gunman. The officers are seen running toward the classroom, but they take fire and end up back at the end of the hallway.

In the video, 13 rifles can be seen arriving in the hallway in the first 30 minutes of the incident. The first shield arrives in under 20 minutes. Dozens of law enforcement officers can be seen in the hallway, along with equipment.
    No officers make entry into the classroom for more than 70 minutes.

I have patiently waited for the investigation to happen and data to be released before commenting on this tragedy. It appears the attack could have been stopped much earlier based on what has been released. Putting aside all of the encounters outside of the school, LE was equipped with rifles and at least one shield, so I cannot understand why the assembled LEOs did not try to breach the classroom until BORTAC personnel arrived. I also do not understand why the BORTAC officer in shorts had to lead the way while uniformed officers assembled behind him. Well, I do understand. The officer in shorts kept his oath while the others allowed cowardice and an inability to focus on the task at hand to lose the day.

I get those officers were scared. Bravery is not about being not scared. It is about doing what needs to be done while being scared. After Columbine, there is no excuse for not knowing what needs to be done in these situations, but these officers failed to do their duty, failed to protect those poor children and teachers, and failed to serve their community. They also failed themselves. How they live with that knowledge I do not know. And nothing we can do to them will be worse than living with the knowledge that when they were needed they failed to even try.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I have patiently waited for the investigation to happen and data to be released before commenting on this tragedy. It appears the attack could have been stopped much earlier based on what has been released. Putting aside all of the encounters outside of the school, LE was equipped with rifles and at least one shield, so I cannot understand why the assembled LEOs did not try to breach the classroom until BORTAC personnel arrived. I also do not understand why the BORTAC officer in shorts had to lead the way while uniformed officers assembled behind him. Well, I do understand. The officer in shorts kept his oath while the others allowed cowardice and an inability to focus on the task at hand to lose the day.

I get those officers were scared. Bravery is not about being not scared. It is about doing what needs to be done while being scared. After Columbine, there is no excuse for not knowing what needs to be done in these situations, but these officers failed to do their duty, failed to protect those poor children and teachers, and failed to serve their community. They also failed themselves. How they live with that knowledge I do not know. And nothing we can do to them will be worse than living with the knowledge that when they were needed they failed to even try.
    Who cares? Everyone is getting hung up on rifles/shields. I must have missed the part in active shooter training where you wait for a shield. You go with what you have. These guys are a bunch of clowns.

I’ve run into gunfire precisely one time. It happened fast and I knew my friends were in trouble. There was no time to be scared. Contrast that to responding to an active shooter event, where you have plenty of time to think about it and get scared. I’ve talked to an officer that responded to the active shooter/terrorist attack in Chattanooga. He said when they made entry, he was so scared his legs felt like they weighed 1,000 pounds each. He could barely move them. He went anyway, because that’s what we’re supposed to. We chose this shit. Teachers and children did not.

I’d rather die a good death than live as a coward for the rest of my life.

That's not good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/st...XiuViEt9w&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post

I can tell you why. Because the ones that waited in the hall and checked their phones have no business being police officers. School shootings and mass shootings in other crowded public places are an unfortunate thing that we have to contend with and if someone doesn't have the stones to run to the sound of the gun fire they have no business being a cop. Just like the Parkland SRO, I don't care what they've done on the job prior, the one time they needed to cowboy the fuck up and drop hammers they waited out in the hall. I hope they get fired, lose their pensions, and are greeting customers at Walmart by the end of the month. That won't happen though, but it should.

User Tag List