Page 137 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1446

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Site Supporter
    Mike Glover is on Andy Stumpf’s Cleared Hot Podcast this week. I’m only 30 min into it but it is well reasoned commentary.

https://youtu.be/6lh2lOcO3t8
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Mike Glover is on Andy Stumpf’s Cleared Hot Podcast this week. I’m only 30 min into it but it is well reasoned commentary.

https://youtu.be/6lh2lOcO3t8
    Did they ever get to the subject? The sexually suggestive back-and-forth attempts at comedy prompted me to shut it off. (Perhaps i just don’t get ex-military guys’ humor?)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I never thought the conversation was about special needs kids who have physical impairments, learning disabilities, or are developmentally delayed. I don't think anyone has suggested they should be shuttered away.

I thought we were talking about kids who are psychopaths, in which case I'd say we have around 2 decades of proof that our current system of mainstreaming psychopaths is failing.
    I was on a soapbox because my wife is a SPED teacher (she’s finishing up her adaptive curriculum cert for teachers here, @breakingtime91). That wasn’t meant towards anyone here, it’s just me railing against a disturbing trend of shuttering away certain humans in our society.
    #RESIST

And…as a former Uvalde resident, I still haven’t heard anyone on the internet, news, etc, pronounce the city’s name correctly.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    And…as a former Uvalde resident, I still haven’t heard anyone on the internet, news, etc, pronounce the city’s name correctly.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uvalde,_Texas

Name Uvalde was founded in 1853 as the town of Encina, but was renamed in 1856 as Uvalde. Its name is a misspelling of the Spanish governor Juan de Ugalde (Cádiz, Andalusia, 1729–1816). Pronunciations of the name of the town vary. One common pronunciation is the fully English version (/juːˈvældi/ (listen) yoo-VAL-dee). A fully Spanish version is also in common use, which is often approximated by English speakers as /uːˈvɑːldɛ/ oo-VAHL-deh. There are also pronunciations that combine the English and Spanish versions. The chosen pronunciation often shows how strong a person's connection with the Latino community is, with the fully English version sometimes viewed as a sign of discrimination against Hispanics.[8
    Guilty, as charged, Your Honor.

"Mexia"...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Huh. Good idea fairy much?

“The new tactical uniforms for the school resource deputies are green with external body armor carriers. In addition the deputies will be carrying SUB2000 pistol-caliber carbines with folding stocks made by Brevard County-based Kel-Tec.

Ivey said having the school resource deputies carry the carbines means they will not have to go to their vehicles to get their rifles if an attack should occur.”

https://www.policemag.com/642921/fl-...453h5089734j6d

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post

“The new tactical uniforms for the school resource deputies are green with external body armor carriers. In addition the deputies will be carrying SUB2000 pistol-caliber carbines with folding stocks made by Brevard County-based Kel-Tec.

Ivey said having the school resource deputies carry the carbines means they will not have to go to their vehicles to get their rifles if an attack should occur.”

Well, green Sheriff uniforms are very common in FL.

Re the Keltec - the fact that it’s the hometown brand is likely a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post

I’d rather have a full size pistol with optic than that…. thing.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’d rather have a full size pistol with optic than that…. thing.
    If you put in almost as much as they go for in MCARBO parts, it actually is functional.

I had a .40 one that I kept until we switched over to 9mm. I am not a huge KelTec fan, but the SUB-2000 is one of the designs I actually feel could be an awesome firearm if did by someone other than KelTec. Aftermarket… it bridges the gap.

Stock… feels like an airsoft/BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    If you put in almost as much as they go for in MCARBO parts, it actually is functional.

I had a .40 one that I kept until we switched over to 9mm. I am not a huge KelTec fan, but the SUB-2000 is one of the designs I actually feel could be an awesome firearm if did by someone other than KelTec. Aftermarket… it bridges the gap.

Stock… feels like an airsoft/BB gun.
    Didn’t know that. Cool.

I’d still prefer a PCC from B&T or HK. But if we are to make SRO’s carry a shoulder weapon I’d vote for a Sig Rattler or similar in a small pack.

User Tag List