Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1446

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Sure I am. If I am there to take over as the entry team then me and my dudes are going to move to the door, someone on entry is going to check the knob to see if it is locked. If it is unlocked we go in. If it is locked we are going to call up a breacher and the breacher is going to attempt a manual breach or a shotgun breach, if that doesn't work and there is not an alternate breach point then we are going to take the time to setup an explosive breach. This is not that complicated and my situation and training is neither unique nor exceptional.

I disagree. Cops are human and make errors and are on a wide spectrum of training and experience and sometimes make bad calls or get sucked into group think.

Yes. Was there not a group of cops ready to enter??

I hope I am wrong and more comes out to explain why things went down the way they did. Verifying the lock should not be part of the lessons learned since we already train that way.
    Nope. Fantasy nonsense.

You’re not there for a barricaded subject to take over as a unit at the request of the school police. You’re arriving at a scene of chaos and desperation.

Just a little thinking out loud on my weekly recycling center run this am.

Not only did it take the failure of two locks to make this tragedy happen, but the shooter just happened to encounter those particular doors right away.

IIRC (and i'm not going back to watch the video to confirm) not only did he approach the school from the direction of the unlocked exterior door, but once he was inside, he went directly to rooms 111 and 112, and this required him to take a turn in the hallway. He did not try to access, or even shoot into, any of the other rooms which were closer to him. He didn't just walk down the hall trying door after door.

Maybe just too much coffee this am (which is true), but damn that's a set of strange coincidences. Was he just that lucky?
    Are malfunctioning door locks a lot more common than we are led to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Sure I am. If I am there to take over as the entry team then me and my dudes are going to move to the door, someone on entry is going to check the knob to see if it is locked. If it is unlocked we go in. If it is locked we are going to call up a breacher and the breacher is going to attempt a manual breach or a shotgun breach, if that doesn't work and there is not an alternate breach point then we are going to take the time to setup an explosive breach. This is not that complicated and my situation and training is neither unique nor exceptional.

I disagree. Cops are human and make errors and are on a wide spectrum of training and experience and sometimes make bad calls or get sucked into group think.

Yes. Was there not a group of cops ready to enter??

I hope I am wrong and more comes out to explain why things went down the way they did. Verifying the lock should not be part of the lessons learned since we already train that way.

I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous. We’re not talking about making entry on a dope search warrant. There is absolutely no way, in this BORTAC scenario, which is not a barricade but more similar to a hostage/doomed hostage scenario, that anyone who remotely knows what they’re doing attempts a mechanical breach with the intention of backing off if it fails and “taking the time” to prepare an explosive breach.

Site Supporter
    Nvm. Oops
    Last edited by camel; 07-16-2022 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Absolutely.

As this thread might challenge the assertion: Have been several sides of the Maintenance Department work order system in facilities from schools, government buildings (police, EMS, nursing homes), factories, offices, hotels, timeshares, resorts, ski resorts, and retail. Exactly zero took maintenance seriously as a whole. The closest to ideal professionalism was lift maintenance because a literal line of wealthy guests plummeting to their doom is not a profitable business model. Even then, talk to the guys who install or later maintain those lines and you'll not be so quick to blindly board one ever again.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Absolutely.

As this thread might challenge the assertion: Have been several sides of the Maintenance Department work order system in facilities from schools, government buildings (police, EMS, nursing homes), factories, offices, hotels, timeshares, resorts, ski resorts, and retail. Exactly zero took maintenance seriously as a whole. The closest to ideal professionalism was lift maintenance because a literal line of wealthy guests plummeting to their doom is not a profitable business model. Even then, talk to the guys who install or later maintain those lines and you'll not be so quick to blindly board one ever again.
    Yea. That’s my experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    as long as it’s balanced with the measured self trash talk about being a POS. It’s all about balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, diet pepsi up my nose.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Maybe just too much coffee this am (which is true), but damn that's a set of strange coincidences. Was he just that lucky?
    Stop jacking-off to InfoWars and get back to performing SATs/SBTs. Oh, and the lady in bed 18 needs her restraint order renewed.

Last edited by Sensei; 07-16-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Assuming, by “out-of-hand” you mean “outright” or something to that effect, I don’t think that his opinion can be dismissed in that manner. However, I agree with the sentiment that a significant part of his motivation to post and approach when doing so is to drive his business......

..... At the end of the day, as personally invested as he may be, it’s not quite his wheelhouse AND he’s got a brand to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for taking the time to post that.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

The exterior door being unlocked doesn't surprise me at all. Most commercial doors that I have seen are like either the top left or lower right here.
    https://www.theamsecurity.com/commer...ecurity-doors/
    They are heavy, and they have that giant closer mechanism at the top. The weight and the mechanism combine to make the door pretty slow moving even if you try to help it. In my experience if you go through it, and then just let it close on it's own, chances are pretty good that it won't latch. As SCCY Marshal says, they get little to no maintenance. The latch mechanism probably hasn't had any oil since the building was built. So the dried out latch needs more and more force for it to work. Wasn't someone walking in through that door just before the shooter showed up?

User Tag List