Page 1 of 145 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Site Supporter

Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Reports of an active shooter at an elementary school in Uvalde, TX - suspect in custody- no further info at this time.

Name:  D6B0A04D-5E3E-4DC4-AE32-3D252D8EE36A.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  46.8 KB

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    News update says shooter is in custody. Does not appear to be an "Active Shooter" per se....but a shooting suspect who shot someone nearby and then fled into the school.

As an aside...this is one of those things that irritates me about modern law enforcement communications with the public. Every shooting is an 'Active Shooter',, just like every sudden violent assault is an "Ambush". Let's stop with the rhetorical flourishes already. We do ourselves no favors by calling things what they are not.

I don't mean you @HCM. Just the leadership and PIO types that put this stuff out.

ETA: by the way, I just saw this in a news feed and specifically came her knowing @HCM would already have posted something about it!

CNN is reporting two dead and a bunch of injured kids.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    News update says shooter is in custody. Does not appear to be an "Active Shooter" per se....but a shooting suspect who shot someone nearby and then fled into the school.

As an aside...this is one of those things that irritates me about modern law enforcement communications with the public. Every shooting is an 'Active Shooter',, just like every sudden violent assault is an "Ambush". Let's stop with the rhetorical flourishes already. We do ourselves no favors by calling things what they are not.

I don't mean you @HCM. Just the leadership and PIO types that put this stuff out.

ETA: by the way, I just saw this in a news feed and specifically came her knowing @HCM would already have posted something about it!
    Looks like its very much so an active shooter. Not sure where the "fleeing from police chase" rumor even came from

Site Supporter
    F-in POS.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...district-says/

UVALDE, Texas – Two children were killed, several were wounded, including an adult following a shooting Tuesday at an Uvalde elementary school, officials said.

In an update at 1:06 p.m. Tuesday, the Uvalde Police Department said the shooter was apprehended at Robb Elementary School, where the incident occurred.

According to a Facebook post from Uvalde Memorial Hospital, two students were brought in dead on arrival. They also said several students are being treated in the emergency room
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I really hope it’s just a person that fled into the school and was caught there, but why two completely different scenarios?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Looks like its very much so an active shooter. Not sure where the "fleeing from police chase" rumor even came from
    Local Fox affiliate update....said shooting happened 'near' the school and suspect fled into the school to evade authorities. In light of the most recent reports, that appears to be totally incorrect, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    I really hope it’s just a person that fled into the school and was caught there, but why two completely different scenarios?
    Does it make a difference if the suspect just fled into the school? he still killed 15 people per the latest reports

Does it make a difference if the suspect just fled into the school? he still killed 15 people per the latest reports
    Yes it does make a difference because at the time those were posted shooting someone and fleeing and being caught at a school and shooting up a school are two completely different things.

Two very different types of incidents. A person fleeing authorities is focused on escape, not mass murder. In light of that recent update....this appears to very much be a mass murderer bent on just that. Not exactly sure how the news update got it that wrong.

User Tag List