Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Not unknown, the TX Tower shooter killed family before going to the tower. Kip Kinkel in Oregon killed family. Probably others.
    Nut jobs gots to nut job I guess. Wonder if grandma was the source of the gun like Sandy Hook??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    News update says shooter is in custody. Does not appear to be an "Active Shooter" per se....but a shooting suspect who shot someone nearby and then fled into the school.

As an aside...this is one of those things that irritates me about modern law enforcement communications with the public. Every shooting is an 'Active Shooter',, just like every sudden violent assault is an "Ambush". Let's stop with the rhetorical flourishes already. We do ourselves no favors by calling things what they are not.

I don't mean you @HCM. Just the leadership and PIO types that put this stuff out.

ETA: by the way, I just saw this in a news feed and specifically came her knowing @HCM would already have posted something about it!
    This has already aged like milk.

When do we do anything but bitch about the MSM in these situations?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    This has already aged like milk.

When do we do anything but bitch about the MSM in these situations?
    Well....I was actually batching about a trend I see in Law Enforcement, not the media. The media often get things wrong for a variety of reasons.

Interestingly I just got a text from a retired partner who's in San Antonio who said up until 20 minutes ago his local news was insisting there were only 2 dead. Chaos of the initial incident and all that.

One of the online stories I read that was saying it was 1 person shot near the school, no mass shooting, suspect in custody had a person commenting on the story that their 8 year old daughter was a student at this school, and how relieved they were when they picked up their kid that it was a false alarm. Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

Site Supporter
    Everything is chaos and I wouldn’t expect much accurate information for 24 to 48 hours.

The only thing I can say for sure is the suspect killed his grandmother prior, the shooter is dead and he was killed in a gun fight with law-enforcement.

The shooter had a photo of himself holding a PMAG on his Instagram.

There’s been a lot of miss information floating around regarding border patrol involvement.

Uvalde is a small city of about 15 to 20,000 located on Highway 90 about 85 miles west of San Antonio. It’s the main route between Del Rio and Eagle Pass (which are on the border) and San Antonio. As such there is a large border patrol presence in the area including a US border patrol station and a US border patrol interior checkpoint west of Uvalde on Highway 90. I would expect most of the local population are Hispanic and that many of them have been in Texas for generations.

Like many areas at or relatively near the border seeing marked border patrol units around town is not uncommon and border patrol frequently backs up state and local law enforcement.

Border patrol agents responded to the El Paso Walmart mass shooting and a prior school shooting in Alpine TX a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Oddly similar to the Sandy Hook incident in that the shooter killed a close relative before deciding to mosey on over to the school and carry out this heinous act...
    I had the same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Skeptical about the handgun part but we'll see.
    not surprised that it ended up that the shooter used an AR

Christ, what a thing.

F*cking people… rot in hell, dude.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Skeptical about the handgun part but we'll see.
    not surprised that it ended up that the shooter used an AR
    Nothing confirmed but I wouldn’t be surprised if there didn’t turn out to be more then one gun involved.

There’s a photo floating around, supposedly from instagram showing the suspect with a black Pmag.

However, be cautious about social media as there are now multiple fake profiles popping up claiming to be the shooter’s.

I am at a loss for words.

What a fucking world.

Horrible shit. Poor little ones and their parents. I have 2 little ones and fuck I can only imagine what these ppl have to endure. Waking up each day without that child there anymore and no way to fix it. No way to avenge it or see someone at least go to jail (which isn’t enough anyway).

User Tag List