Page 62 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    I just got in here and Im not going to read thru 60pages. If this was suggested, I apologize. What about having retired LEO or Vets as guards if they're looking for a retirement gig?

Also, as guns are the main focus here, I think what we need to discuss to peoples mental health. We need to figure out what makes people think (and act) like this
    Maybe the last ten pages? Yes, all that has been discussed. You're welcome.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    A rebuilding of our 130,000 schools into mini-Maginot fortresses would be an incredible enterprise. Of course, better locking protocols make absolute sense.
    Certainly Glenn is correct here, not picking on him......

Folks need to get used to the idea that crazy will slip through the cracks no matter how good the wall.

Perfection is the enemy of progress..... Winston Churchill
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Perfection is the enemy of progress..... Winston Churchill
    It occurs to me that this is the working motto of the civilian disarmament complex.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Here's a bill in Ohio that will let people be armed on school property with 24 hours of training.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/leg...id=GA134-HB-99

Ohio is a fairly centrist state politically so I'll be curious how this one progresses.

Safe to say the police and teachers unions don't support it but maybe parents do.

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/lo...2-bbccf31310fe
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    After learning that the police “chief” was the tactical commander , it brings the situation into full clarity

Unless you are a current active member of a tactical team with current training certification, I don’t give a shit of you’re a 5 star general … you absolutely should not be making real time tactical decisions on this type of call and in my experience would be immediately countermanded by a more experienced tactical command figure

And furthermore, the team leader on the ground has the authority to make a tactical plan in the absence of competent leadership

Lots of hindsight for sure and that call was a shit sandwich but seriously …. WTF

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Here's a bill in Ohio that will let people be armed on school property with 24 hours of training.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/leg...id=GA134-HB-99

Ohio is a fairly centrist state politically so I'll be curious how this one progresses.

Safe to say the police and teachers unions don't support it but maybe parents do.

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/lo...2-bbccf31310fe
    The articles about this bill always seem to miss an important piece of background information. Teachers have been allowed to carry in Ohio for a while. TDI has a program called Faculty/Administrator Safety Training and Emergency Response (FASTER) for training teachers.

I don't know the particulars of the case but for some reason the Ohio supreme court ended up ruling a year or so ago that teachers needed to take the same training as Ohio police officers. This bill is designed to clarify training requirements and get rid of the supreme court mandate.

Here's an article about FASTER.

https://www.recoilweb.com/ohio-is-ar...ff-135340.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    And here’s hoping that all of his officers are equipped with (at least) rifles.
    Further down in the article, the chief says that the Hermiston PD equips each officer with $20k of gear, (in addition to a 50k vehicle), for a total of $70,000 worth of gear.

It's very likely.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh I bet he's still pissed off today. But if he waited long enough to start with that train wreck interview of the DPS LT he waited long enough to have figured out the essentials. Not much since then to contradict him.
    That train wreck of an interview is why certain agencies only allow designated public affairs officers to speak to the press.

Site Supporter
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...J1H5nqhUaO17OM

UPenn Professor Ripped for Suggesting Police Allowed Texas Schoolchildren to Die Because They Were ‘Brown’

A University of Pennsylvania professor drew ridicule online for suggesting that first responders waited too long to engage the shooter in Uvalde, Texas last week because “police didn’t give a damn” about “brown kids.”

In a since-deleted tweet from Friday, UPenn Religious Studies and Africana Studies Professor Anthea Butler — who is also an MSNBC contributor — suggested that racism was responsible for the police failure to stop a gunman at a Texas elementary school in an attack that left 19 children and two adults dead.

So since no one else will ask, I will. Did those children die because most of them were Mexican American and the police didn’t give a damn about a school w predominately brown kids? I mean, because it’s Texas.. and if you think everyone who isn’t white is illegal..”

Butler — whose 2021 book “White Evangelical Racism” charges that racism is at the core of conservative evangelical activism and power — seemed to disregard the fact that the attacker in the Hispanic-majority City of Uvalde was himself of Latino descent, as were the city’s police chief, Daniel Rodríguez, the school’s police chief, Pedro Arredondo, and several other officers at the scene.

A few of the officers are reported to have had children trapped in the school at the time, some of whom died in the attack.

Butler later made her profile private following the critical responses to her tweet. However, the associate professor was not alone in her unfounded claims.

Left-wing columnist Wajahat Ali expressed agreement with Butler’s sentiments when he tweeted, “I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking this.”

^^^^

Pathetic, dangerous and beyond ignorant.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List