Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1446

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m not going to defend the lack of police response. However I think the broader context of the BLM anti police movement, and widespread political support for it set the stage for this debacle. When every law enforcement officer feels like the criminal and civil crosshairs are following them and any use of force could put them in prison and bankruptcy, what do we expect?

If we want meat eating LEOs who will shoot when they perceive a lethal threat, we need to support that with training, and also with legal and political protection for them.
    Point taken. However, I think with a school shooter we are well into "shocks the conscience" (perhaps depending on what stage of the game this event was in at the moment the cop had the shitbag in the crosshairs) and so an acceptable response should have been pretty easily recalibrated on the fly by the officer. I mean, it's not like they were responding to someone passing counterfeit bills....
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Here is the link to the actual report from the Alerrt center:

https://www.alerrt.org/

(Have to download it).
    The AAR is under Research --> Publications, then scroll to the bottom.

It should be required reading before posting further in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

Appreciate it. 26 pages of detail; digesting now…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter

It popped right up on the home page for me, but it is a scrolling banner that moves through. It is definitely a worthwhile read.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 5.58.33 PM.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  52.0 KB

The report is clinical and detached, as it should be. Despite that, or now that I think about it maybe because of that, reading it was just brutal. I had to pause and collect myself a few times before pressing on. JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    It popped right up on the home page for me, but it is a scrolling banner that moves through. It is definitely a worthwhile read.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 5.58.33 PM.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  52.0 KB
    I should have waited until tomorrow to read that. Reading it right before I go to bed was a mistake.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I should have waited until tomorrow to read that. Reading it right before I go to bed was a mistake.
    Ain't that the truth. Hello, late night whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    The report is clinical and detached, as it should be. Despite that, or now that I think about it maybe because of that, reading it was just brutal. I had to pause and collect myself a few times before pressing on. JFC.

Brutal indeed. You can almost experience the frustration, from all sides.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I think the broader context of the BLM anti police movement, and widespread political support for it set the stage for this debacle. When every law enforcement officer feels like the criminal and civil crosshairs are following them and any use of force could put them in prison and bankruptcy, what do we expect?
    Kim Potter trickle-down, when you know you might be convicted and sent to prison by a jury pool of people that don't want their houses burned down.

I’m not going to defend the lack of police response. However I think the broader context of the BLM anti police movement, and widespread political support for it set the stage for this debacle. When every law enforcement officer feels like the criminal and civil crosshairs are following them and any use of force could put them in prison and bankruptcy, what do we expect?

If we want meat eating LEOs who will shoot when they perceive a lethal threat, we need to support that with training, and also with legal and political protection for them.
    In that broader context there may well be and probably is a "de-policing" incentive working in some jurisdictions. But in the narrower context of shooting someone in the Uvalde example who is engaging LE with his rifle and entering, then entered Rudd Elementary, I don't see it applying.

From the latest report the info about an LEO waiting for permission to take the shot - contradicts their recent active shooter training and long doctrine. From the same report breaking contact and retreating when engaged by the killer while inside the school is the same.

It all speaks to what Paul Howe called out a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-07-2022 at 09:29 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List