Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    To bounce and tangent off of things that others are saying, especially MSA and Suvorov: guns, knives, trucks, violent video games, death metal, cars, fire, camp axes, free speech and copies of “the Turner diaries,” social media, alcohol, recreational MJ usage, loser manifestos published on the ‘net, weird religious bents, relationships with others…

If you are well-adjusted, mentally healthy, and a functioning part of society, none of that shit is a major problem.

If you are maladjusted, malcontent, and on the fringe of society both mentally and logistically, then all or any of it can be a major problem.

JMO.
    Truth. Some can handle their whiskey some cannot. I think the population that cannot is grown to gigantic proportions for societal factors outside the scope.

And that leads to . . . look at some of the shit the total gun community encompasses. Private militias exercising their 2A rights to carry ARs to the seat of government to blatantly intimidate the democratic processes of government. Or the same in screaming demonstrations outside school board members homes.

Kyle Dumbshit Rittenhouse canonized as a saint.

Bumpstock warriors.

We're all joined at the hip now and a lot of what we're joined to is malignant. And we chose to be. I got a bad feeling how this is going to end.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    Reports coming out that the SRO confronted the gunman but did nothing

‘Now, we must all fear evil men. But, there is another kind of evil which we must fear most and that is the indifference of good men.’
    Maybe wait a day or two for facts before spreading garbage like that?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-sch...unfire-shooter

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Maybe wait a day or two for facts before spreading garbage like that?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-sch...unfire-shooter
    This was on other news outlets. Apologies for “spreading garbage”

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    What would you say to this female if you worked at the shop? Would you ask her if she is buying the weapon for a guy with criminal history even though she can't spell AR and is shopping from a written list of one item?
    The same thing I've seen LGS's say in person to obvious straw purchasers: "I'm not comfortable with this transaction and cannot proceed with the sale at this time."

If your LGS is letting obvious straw purchasers buy guns, it's not for lack of ability to say "no"...it's because they're placing their profits over their integrity.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I was shot at while in middle school. Nobody was hit, but a drug addled idiot pulled up in the bus circle and fired 5 rounds at us kids outside doing a scavenger hunt. Nobody was hit and he drove off. The police responded and I remember being upset I didn't get to talk to the police because I only saw the car and couldn't describe the shooter while the kids who saw the shooter got to go to the library and talk to a real policeman in a real police uniform. That was either 1989 or 1990, I don't recall any longer. I've looked for the story online somewhere, but as it was well pre-Internet news nobody seems to have it. It did make the local paper, though, and the police said the suspect said he did it because he wanted to clean his rifle and needed to empty it. He was high as a kite, of course. It was not politically motivated, but it was a school shooting and didn't even make a regional news splash.

This does happen and has always happened. The difference now is (not in order of priority):

1) More people
    2) More news coverage means a way to be famous. Girls make sex tapes, boys shoot up schools
    3) Social media encouraging, normalizing, and honoring the offenders
    4) Outrage for profit dividing us as a nation and making culture wars into shooting wars.
    5) A society that tolerates crime in ways never deemed acceptable in most people's living memory. You're free to steal because corporations would rather raise prices than deal with thieves. Prosecutors don't actually prosecute. Police are expected to do a job alone that used to be the community's shared job and there's not enough to go around.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

@Maple Syrup Actual @Glenn E. Meyer great posts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I'm sad to say I don't have any answers. I'm no great thinker when it comes to massive societal failures, like in the case of this asshole who shot up a bunch of elementary school kids. It makes me incredibly sad that so many of these bright sparks have been snuffed out. Sure are a lot of angry people in the world these days, it seems.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Our society is fucked up. It's not the "guns".
    Yes, but virtually all of the most violent, disturbed, White Supremist, conspiracy-theory obsessed lunatics in our society are gun owners, and they have been the most vocal and visible proponents of the 2A in the nation for quite a few years now. Particularly this bastard, who is already gearing up to promote this as "another false flag operation":

http://https://www.mediamatters.org/...ery-suspicious

The parents of Sandy Hook victims are still reaping the rewards of rabid 2A fans harassing them to the ends of the Earth. This poor guy can't even spend a year in one spot before the maelstrom of 2A supporters finds his new home and makes his life a living hell:

http://https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/fron...by-alex-jones/

If you dont think that Alex really is our public face at this point, ask yourself why Trump went on his show, full of praise for Alex. He's never said a bad word about the man.

(My views on Trump are far from positive, but he certainly knows who the "thought leaders" out there are.)

Then ask yourself what 2A rights look like 20 years from now, with these lunatics as the loudest promoters of our cause, and a few hundred more shootings like this one.

And after each one, Alex, or one of the other right-wing grifters who acts just like him, telling everybody it's part of the deep state plan to deceive us; not because the horrible MSM is putting a false spin on an event but because "the event never happened. It's a deep state false flag!!"

The NRA embraced the culture war decades ago, and never calls out any of these nutjobs. In fact, no major voices on our side call the lunatics out with any regularity. Mostly, we just complain we don't get fair shift from the MSM. And react reflexively to each shooting with "well, how will the liberals capitalize on this to take away our guns?"

Since the repeal of the AWB, the answer to that on the federal level has been: all attempts have amounted to nothing.

But it's still the question that completely dominates the discussion here after every mass shooting. Never "how can we discredit the loons who have hijacked pro 2A politics, and have tied 2A rhetoric tightly to racist slogans?"

I'm pretty sure we can't depend on the MSM, or the RWMSM to do this. It doesn’t fit either agenda. Both are fine with the insane as our regular spokespeople.

When do we actually do something about this?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The same thing I've seen LGS's say in person to obvious straw purchasers: "I'm not comfortable with this transaction and cannot proceed with the sale at this time."

If your LGS is letting obvious straw purchasers buy guns, it's not for lack of ability to say "no"...it's because they're placing their profits over their integrity.
    I know one pawn/gun shop near me where they are very enthusiastic about trying to turn straw purchasers over to LE. I would imagine a straw purchase there would be pretty difficult.

The staff there is pretty convinced spotting it is easy--coming up with enough to hand to LE for a prosecution seems quite difficult, however, if no actual purchase happens.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Or fear.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Current story is shooter barricaded himself in a classroom, and all of the fatalities are from that room.

Will this likely change the current SOP of locking the students up?

User Tag List