Page 77 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Three rounds of 5.56, he (the teacher) took. One to a lung.
    Well, a good Corpsman would give him three Motrin and tell him to change his socks.

Seriously though, hit 3 times, one in the lung? If you're playing dead, you are obviously not performing self-aid, probably don't have access to a blow out kit or a chest seal. You may die anyhow. Hell, you might get bullet checked in the head just cause.

The first time I read Haley's "A Good Death", I kind scoffed and said "cool talk bro". But I thought about it. A lot. And it really does make a lot of sense.

So, I guess it's just really a choice, lie down and die like a whitetail deer, or go all cape buffalo or grizzly or whatever your beast of choice is and have a meaningful death.

Dying so well that they write songs about you should be a goal.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Well, a good Corpsman would give him three Motrin and tell him to change his socks.

Seriously though, hit 3 times, one in the lung? If you're playing dead, you are obviously not performing self-aid, probably don't have access to a blow out kit or a chest seal. You may die anyhow. Hell, you might get bullet checked in the head just cause.

The first time I read Haley's "A Good Death", I kind scoffed and said "cool talk bro". But I thought about it. A lot. And it really does make a lot of sense.

So, I guess it's just really a choice, lie down and die like a whitetail deer, or go all cape buffalo or grizzly or whatever your beast of choice is and have a meaningful death.

Dying so well that they write songs about you should be a goal.
    I don’t know, i think it’s all highly subjective. I do know that for me, I lost a lot of fight about three minutes after I took one .45ACP 230gr HP and my Georgetown surgeon used me as a teaching example of someone with a high pain tolerance. I doubt that teacher was prepared mentally and he did take three rounds of 5.56.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don’t know, i think it’s all highly subjective. I do know that for me, I lost a lot of fight about three minutes after I took one .45ACP 230gr HP and my Georgetown surgeon used me as a teaching example of someone with a high pain tolerance. I doubt that teacher was prepared mentally and he did take three rounds of 5.56.
    I think you are definitely more a more credible resource on the proper response after getting shot vs someone who has not. When I took a carbine class, I was told to put multiple shots to the torso to insure incapacitation. The Uvalde gunman did this to this man and not surprisingly, he was out of the fight. I recently had a Phoenix PD officer who took one bullet below her vest, and she was down and out. She was alive and conscious but she did not draw her gun and started shooting while on the ground. Consensus among the people who cared for her was that she did not suffer from some character flaw, psychosis or cowardice. I think the only people who can judge this teacher's action (or inaction) are the parents of the dead children in his classroom. I seriously doubt any parent's spite is direct towards him. Those armed men who chose to wait outside the school's fence line? Yes.
    Last edited by Paul D; 06-08-2022 at 12:31 AM. Reason: speeling...fuck...spelling.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    So I understand the door to the outside didn't lock, but why weren't the doors to the classroom locked? Apparently their being locked later stymied the police, so they must have been functional...

Somewhere in this thread or the linked articles: "Lockdown alert went out. Some teachers didn't have classroom key handy and were looking for it."

I'm paraphrasing, but that is what I understand what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'd give it at least two weeks for the fog of war to clear before thinking we know what actually happened and the precise timing or reasons for anything.
    I thought this was wise when posted and even more wise two weeks later.

After two weeks, I do not think any reason has been found why the actual school classroom doors were not locked to prevent the shooter from gaining entrance. And, after two weeks, the handling of the matter by the school police chief looks just terrible.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post

Sorry for the drift, but what's the reference? A google search by me brings up a number of items that seem not quite it.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I thought this was wise when posted and even more wise two weeks later.

After two weeks, I do not think any reason has been found why the actual school classroom doors were not locked to prevent the shooter from gaining entrance. And, after two weeks, the handling of the matter by the school police chief looks just terrible.
    Optimistic. Two months is looking more realistic now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Optimistic. Two months is looking more realistic now.
    If that. The school police chief apparently isn't speaking to anyone.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    If that. The school police chief apparently isn't speaking to anyone.
    Chief Arredon-Do-Nothing?
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Mike Pannone has quite a different take on things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CebpfvIp..._web_copy_link
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List