Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P365xl vs P320 for me, how much slower? Timers and targets don't lie

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Cold on Rogers Test 4, two to the body one to the head on two targets, reload and shoot an additional three targets, I faired better with the 365xl (8/9)than the 19(6/9). Then on a Rogers 16 shot blast drill, I shot better with the 19 (12/16) than the 365xl (9/16) strong hand. I then shot better with the 365xl weak hand(12/16) than strong hand (7/16).

Need to do more testing, not enough data.
    I might say that you have plenty of data. Both guns can be shot pretty darn good, especially for defensive use, and the slight differences in platform would likely be overshadowed by the normal variation in your performance on any individual run.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I love what you're going for, and I also understand the argument that splits aren't the be all and end all, however, if the intent is a "realistic" test, it's extremely likely you won't be able to rely on a single shot to stop someone. While draw speed and first shot accuracy and transitions/moving targets are more important than stationary target split speeds, the ability to put repeat shots in a meaningfully small target zone is something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    the ability to put repeat shots in a meaningfully small target zone is something that shouldn't be overlooked.
    I will have to completely disagree that it is an important measurement here. As stated in my original post, I have measured this many times and the difference is literally in hundredths of a second for my splits, I don't think that tiny delta is important or significant for what I am trying to evaluate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I will have to completely disagree that it is an important measurement here. As stated in my original post, I have measured this many times and the difference is literally in hundredths of a second for my splits, I don't think that tiny delta is important or significant for what I am trying to evaluate.
    It's not a raw .25 vs a .33 split I'm worried about. It's the fact that, for me, with a smaller gun, my group size or ability to keep the shots within say, a B8 at 10 yards at that speed, will also degrade. To keep the same level of accuracy, I'll be even slower with the smaller gun.

It's not the most important thing at all, and maybe it doesn't apply to all shooters equally.

User Tag List