Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40 S&W Browning Hi Power

Magnificently and elegantly done. Thank you for sharing-now let us know how it shoots. Work like that is made to be used and enjoyed-and picking up some inevitable finish character marks through use will make it uniquely yours, and further enhance the gun.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Elegant is the word that comes to mind.

@Pit Is that black or a very dark blue job? It's very nice whatever it is.

. . . I hate this forum. I now have the wants.
    It's DLC. Not sure who Don uses. It is very nice. It's more of a very dark grey. However, oiled some it appears more black. Nothing is nicer than a deep bluing. It just doesn't stand up to use tho.

JW

The single action Browning of one's dreams. Bravo.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Very Nice. Carry it with pride.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Can't tell from pics - did he re-stamp the serial number onto the frame someplace else, so he could stipple the entire front strap?

That is first rate work and the gun looks great. But I want to say that I was disappointed by this gun in .40 caliber. The slide was too thick and heavy to balance right. The "balance right" part is defined by the 9mm BHP and that is what I stuck with since I sold the .40. Purely subjective in that view, yes I am, so I am not faulting anybody for wanting the .40.

Bart Noir
    No! It is not called the .45 AARP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post
    Can't tell from pics - did he re-stamp the serial number onto the frame someplace else, so he could stipple the entire front strap?

That is first rate work and the gun looks great. But I want to say that I was disappointed by this gun in .40 caliber. The slide was too thick and heavy to balance right. The "balance right" part is defined by the 9mm BHP and that is what I stuck with since I sold the .40. Purely subjective in that view, yes I am, so I am not faulting anybody for wanting the .40.

Bart Noir
    No! It is not called the .45 AARP!
    All of my High Powers by choice have been in .40; I consider the balance and shootability superb, and appreciate the necessary and carryover component upgrading that FN did to provide durability and longevity to the platform with .40.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I wish I still had mine. I have fond memories of taking LFI 1 with a .40 Hi-Power in the mid 90’s at The Firearms Academy of Seattle.

I have a really nice MKIII that I love (except for the sights). I am thinking of sending it off to get some better sights milled for it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I have a really nice MKIII that I love (except for the sights). I am thinking of sending it off to get some better sights milled for it.
    You do have a nice BHP. Since it shoots to point of aim, I suggest locating a premium set of fixed sights.

User Tag List