Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 40 S&W Browning Hi Power

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post
    Can't tell from pics - did he re-stamp the serial number onto the frame someplace else, so he could stipple the entire front strap?

That is first rate work and the gun looks great. But I want to say that I was disappointed by this gun in .40 caliber. The slide was too thick and heavy to balance right. The "balance right" part is defined by the 9mm BHP and that is what I stuck with since I sold the .40. Purely subjective in that view, yes I am, so I am not faulting anybody for wanting the .40.

Bart Noir
    No! It is not called the .45 AARP!
    The serial number is intact on front strap.

I find the 40 BHP a very nice pistol. The extra thickness to the slide as well as the spring rates this pistol has equals a very flat shooting 40 S&W. It does not exhibit the recoil of say a G22.

I prefer the 40 round for work as my environment for a possible encounter could be in and around vehicles. The 40 is slightly better than the 9mm for such work. I have a two nice 9mm BHP. I have no concerns carrying them off duty.

JW
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pit; 05-26-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Here's the Heinie sighted 40 S&W over the Novak sighted 9mm. I prefer the Heinie sight too. The extra thickness of the slide is evident by the milled cut out for the slide stop.

JW

There is no better sight for the HP than the Heinie. Change my mind

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    This thread is resurrecting my heretical desire to get a .40 S&W BHP and a .357 SIG conversion barrel for maximum bicaliber hoplohipster action.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I agree. Here's my alloy BHP with Heinie sights mounted by my friend. He does great work. This pistol is with Don (Action Works) at this time.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Meh. Heinies are good, Novaks are good, Warrens are good, etc. Frankly, I'm pretty satisfied with the OEM MK III sights on mine, with the impressed rectangular box inserts filled with an appropriate paint color.

Best, Jon

User Tag List