Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCS

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Weird, because my Holosuns have been rock solid. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That hasn't been my experience at all. I do think Holosun and many Chinese products have a U-shaped failure rate curve. Either they die young, or last a long time. So definitely test new units hard. Fortunately Holosun has good CS.
    They definitely have good cs, but I see many post where they just die or the glass comes out of.the window. Personally had a button stop working on mine after a year, a friend of mine had the glass crack after about a year.

I'm not anti holosun, I would just buy 2 if I bought one again. I personally had a hard time getting past the magnification on the glass of my replacement unit and just felt better off washing my hands of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Where did you get yours from?
    I preordered from EuroOptic back in March.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

And they show them as being in stock.

Just ordered mine.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    Holosun is gonna holosun. Always order 2 because it'll go down at some point
    I agree with everyone saying test new units hard.

I do have 6 509T v2 that have held up very well one is round 9k rounds now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That hasn't been my experience at all. I do think Holosun and many Chinese products have a U-shaped failure rate curve. Either they die young, or last a long time. So definitely test new units hard. Fortunately Holosun has good CS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Weird, because my Holosuns have been rock solid. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.
    I've got maybe 10 Holosun pistol optics, four of their long gun optics, another 35 Holosun pistol optics in service with my agency, and have sold a few hundred with my side business.

I have seen the following failures:

-1 509T with an out of spec clamp
    -1 509T DOA
    -1 407K DOA
    -1 507C that died after a few months

It's entirely possible that there are other failures that have not been brought to my attention.

Our agency has probably 50 or so Trijicon MROs between personal and department guns. Our failure rate with them has been about 15% over time.

The Holosun stuff does just fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    They definitely have good cs, but I see many post where they just die or the glass comes out of.the window. Personally had a button stop working on mine after a year, a friend of mine had the glass crack after about a year.

I'm not anti holosun, I would just buy 2 if I bought one again. I personally had a hard time getting past the magnification on the glass of my replacement unit and just felt better off washing my hands of it.
    Personally, I've seen more RMR and SRO failures occur than Holosun failures (and there's a lot more Holosun's locally). The rationale most use is it's equivalent for 95% of people from quality/expectations, and you can have a spare on the shelf versus having one optic and waiting weeks for a warranty repair on you only unit.

And at the end of the day, this sort of goes right along with having a low 1/3 co witness iron sight setup, or having a dedicated training gun as well.

I've personally broken more iron sights than I have optical units from any manufacturer so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And they show them as being in stock.

Just ordered mine.
    From a review:

Emitter diode shifted within the housing and lost focus within one mag on a G17, optic is INOP within 5 minutes of install.
    Similar but not identical to my issue.

I remain hopeful someone will make a direct-slot-MOS optic that actually works.

YMMV

Mine is working. I've run 100 rounds through it so far, and have carried it daily for a few weeks.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

After a few months with the green circle dot, I find myself wishing they would do a simple red 6 MOA dot version.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List