Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
My Plastic M&P was tuned by Dan Burwell. It takes a good selection of Apex parts to equal it.
My inference was only to what might be most 1911-like. Their matrix shows this combination:

Name:  Apex.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  19.4 KB

and I went with it thinking that it would be light take-up followed by a crisper break, and am pretty happy with it. My other Apex installations used their normal (heavier than factory) trigger spring and normal (heavier than factory) sear spring, and they were nice but IMO mushy. This combo seemed to be more 1911 mimicking, like I had hoped.

I had a brief trial of a P320 and did not think it was real 1911ish. But the place is crawling with them, so there must be something attractive there.
I think the Wilson frame is supposed to be chasing the elusive 1911 feel, but I have yet to personally fondle one.

A friend has gone XD. His guns with Powder River Precision triggers are quite good.
I had the 5" XD-45 that I sent to Springer Precision and it really was quite nice. I had an opportunity to handle one that had been done by PR and it was just a little different but really good as well. I really liked my XDs but they all got purged when I decided the M&Ps were my striker gun of choice.