Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FN is launching a new pistol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    If you like classic guns--especially '80s/'90s-vintage DA/SA guns--you might like my blog: https://hipstertactical.com/
    Is Manchego considered hipster cheese now?!? I had no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The 509 unlike their last striker pistol has been gaining traction and contracts. I do not see this replacing it. Would this even be available here?

Looks like a train wreck to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's worth noting that the ad says 'Herstal', meaning Belgium... FN-USA would mean it's coming stateside.

My money is on DA/SA High Power variant to replace the FNX which everybody seems to long have forgotten already.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Ha! Nice!

You know, I've never owned a Ruger P-Series. Though I did watch Desperado not long ago... and immediately started looking for P90s on Gunbroker. I think I'll end up with one sooner or later. It'll feel right at home with my Smith 645.

-SHAMELESS PLUG-

If you like classic guns--especially '80s/'90s-vintage DA/SA guns--you might like my blog: https://hipstertactical.com/

I've got a video for each post. Working on the P88 review now...
    Saw your page, makes me feel like I should have scratched that P239 itch years ago when they were still in production.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Saw your page, makes me feel like I should have scratched that P239 itch years ago when they were still in production.
    You know, there are plenty of P239s out there...

Shit, here's one with a cool stainless slide: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/933560843

...compared to other hipster guns, it's not like it's rare or obscure. And, while not cheap, it's still gonna be way less than what you'd pay for, like, a Springfield EMP or Staccato C--and, dare I say, it's probably a tougher, more proven gun.

So, yeah. Buy a P239

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Is Manchego considered hipster cheese now?!? I had no idea!
    Haha. I feel like it’s less of a “go-to” snob cheese… compared to, like, Brie or Gorgonzola? So, in the sense that it’s less known but still somewhat exclusive… yes, I’d say it fits most criteria of being a hipster cheese. Like, perhaps, a Llama Omni (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jx_IK1AJ68Q)… in keeping with the Spanish theme.

I honestly just bought it because it sounded weird. But it’s actually really freakin good. Like Gouda with a touch of cheddar?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Seems about on schedule for 509 support to be dropped.
    I very nearly bought a 509 like a dozen times but I remembered what they did do the FNP / FNS / FNX and it stalled me. Sure enough…

I got my first pistol almost 14 years ago, my Beretta PX4. Beretta still makes the PX4, supports the PX4, and sells parts for the PX4. If you bought a Glock 30 years ago Glock will be ready to support that gun. A first-gen M&P still has factory support and parts ready to go. It’s hard to accept less these days.

What’s perplexing is that if FN would just STICK to a gun it has the infrastructure to support it until it’s world-class. By all indications the 509 should be that gun, but here comes FN’a ADHD division again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

It certainly looks clunky and gimmicky? We’ll see. I just wish they would offer a real micro compact with decent capacity! Thy messed the 503 up, but it is a nice shooter despite that.

The new FN Creed / PPX!

Hopefully this is actually something with some new ideas.

Yawn.

If they just improved the 509 trigger they would be fine...

User Tag List