Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FN is launching a new pistol

Site Supporter

FN is launching a new pistol

Site Supporter
    Does the mag release swing/slide down the frame?

Seems about on schedule for 509 support to be dropped.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    "Since its inception over 130 years ago, FN Herstal has continuously brought innovative, small caliber oriented solutions, with most of them becoming world references on the Defense and Security markets," noted the company in a statement on Tuesday. "One of the most legendary examples is the FN Hi-Power, which was the reference pistol for military and law enforcement for a long time."
    The pronouns in Herstal have been releasing the “heir” to the Hi-Power ever since they released the BDA9/HP-DA. Unfortunately for them an Austrian named Gaston did it for them already.

Every time a company comes out with a new and better pistol platform I wonder to myself why? It seems to me that the market isn’t big enough to support all the R&D plus tooling to make a new gun in the futile hopes of unseating Glock. Maybe FN has enough military and LE buyers in the non-Anglo sphere to make it worth their while but I’m not rushing out to the store to buy one (not that I could in Kalifornia anyway).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Seems about on schedule for 509 support to be dropped.
    Exactly this. As I stare at my 509 with a tear in my eye.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Every time a company comes out with a new and better pistol platform I wonder to myself why?
    Every time a company hypes a new handgun, what I hear is, "I know we said the last one was the greatest gun ever made...but this time we really mean it."

It’s been a couple of weeks since the next Glock-killer pistol was announced. About time for FN to try again, I guess.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I yawned and was about to move on without saying anything, so..... Yeah, something..

Site Supporter
    This will be like Oak Island.

Site Supporter
    We’ll find out that side lever is a decocker and it’s a DA/SA and it will be the next hot thing on PF. But then people won’t be able to get factory mags for it, or the optics plates will be unobtanium and it will be forgotten 4-5 months.

User Tag List