Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flamingo and Rob's Tools Presents: Speed Loader Along Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Due to the decrepit condition of my present Split Six I ordered one of these along with two more Safariland speed loaders to defray the shipping costs. The verification email indicated that the pouches are in stock but the speedloaders are “60-75 days” out on back order. Sigh!

Name:  C68FE322-8D09-48F2-948D-D3C2291E9BF6.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  47.5 KB

Hopefully my present pouch can hang on a while more.

I built a very sturdy steel model for molding J-Frame loaders last weekend, and dropped it with Flamingo who has an actual, proper and nice kydex press on the way.

While we were doing that, we discussed the other design I'm working on, and how to optimize it for the PHLster Enigma. Fortunately, Flamingo has a couple of Enigmas so we'll be able to proto and fit and test straight away. There won't be a prototype for that for at least two months, probably closer to 3, when we're there, it will get it's own thread.

Finally, we took the time to measure the cross section of loaders we have on hand including:

HKS: J-frame, K-Frame, D-Frame, L-Frame
    Jetloader: K-Frame
    CompII: K-Frame, L-Frame
    CompIII: K-Frame, L-Frame

For the Colt toters, the D-Frame loader is basically within a couple of thousandths in diameter of the K-Frame loader. So, we should be able to accommodate you guys without issue.

N-Frame guys, well, neither of us has an N-Frame on hand. But we might be convinced to take one for the team. But we've discussed it and will eventually make an N-Frame model for molding to accommodate you guys.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I built a very sturdy steel model for molding J-Frame loaders last weekend, and dropped it with Flamingo who has an actual, proper and nice kydex press on the way.

While we were doing that, we discussed the other design I'm working on, and how to optimize it for the PHLster Enigma. Fortunately, Flamingo has a couple of Enigmas so we'll be able to proto and fit and test straight away. There won't be a prototype for that for at least two months, probably closer to 3, when we're there, it will get it's own thread.

Finally, we took the time to measure the cross section of loaders we have on hand including:

For the Colt toters, the D-Frame loader is basically within a couple of thousandths in diameter of the K-Frame loader. So, we should be able to accommodate you guys without issue.

N-Frame guys, well, neither of us has an N-Frame on hand. But we might be convinced to take one for the team. But we've discussed it and will eventually make an N-Frame model for molding to accommodate you guys.

Thanks guys!
    Cool!
    Though I must have missed where to place my order?????????
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Cool!
    Though I must have missed where to place my order?????????
    Soon™️

We have a few more protos to bend up and test out to see how some proposed tweaks work out. Plus we have to figure out our fit and finish. Janky but functional is fine for our personal needs, but not acceptable (to us) for a product that you guys will plunk down hard earned money on.

We're just kind of picky like that.

Thanks guys!
    Any thought about I frames/Pythons? they do make comp IIs for them I believe.

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Any thought about I frames/Pythons? they do make comp IIs for them I believe.

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing.
    I would imagine they're fairly close to L-Frame sized just the fact that Pythons often fit in L-Frame holsters.

That said, I have them on my list of loaders to buy to use for test fitting.

Interested. D-frame for sure, maybe a couple of the others you're already working on as well.

Site Supporter

Thanks guys!
    Python Comp II - 1.525”
    Python HKS - 1.487”
    N Frame Comp I - 1.615”
    N Frame HKS - 1.613”

Payment accepted in beer and/or coffee.

ETA: J Frame Jetloader: 1.348” (forgot I have a couple)
    Last edited by revchuck38; 05-28-2022 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Payment accepted in beer and/or coffee.
    Come by the "workshop" (my basement/man-cave) and you can collect the debt.

@Flamingo Which kydex press did you get?

User Tag List