Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flamingo and Rob's Tools Presents: Speed Loader Along Belt

Awesome project! I need a Fart Slab for j-frame Comp I loaders.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Got it. I started wondering about that as I was looking at the design, thus the edit I made a little later. If it doesn't push down too deeply, 7-round loaders might still work.

I'm only thinking about this because I'm considering one of the new stainless Wiley Clapps if they ever get back in stock at reasonable prices. I wish Ruger had not gone to seven rounds with the new version, mostly because there only seems to be one option for speedloaders.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....00-900-shipped

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I put on prototype #4 this morning with 135 grain Hornady Critical Duty in a L Frame sized Comp II speedloader before I started digging and wheel barrowing a couple of yards of dirt. I promptly tested the retention Proto4 by slipping on the wet grass and sliding down hill in my yard. It worked as designed and I did not lose the Comp II.

I really like the idea and I have had fun making these with Rob.

I'm getting a message I don't have permission to this thread.

Sorry, guess it's fore site supporters. It's a 3" stainless Hawkeye gp100 for 900
    @bofe954 is the seller

IIRC, only the OP can post on FOR SALE threads. Contact the OP via PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

After playing with a CD-6 on my enigma, my 2 suggestions are:

1) holes for screwing, lashing, or otherwise securing to other pieces of equipment.
    2) a smooth, tapered shape on the body side to mitigate hotspots.

Regards,

JWH

Due to issues with Spam - there was a change in access to Sale/Trade to only be accessible to site supporters: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....nt-please-read

--

As a general FYI; due to traveling constraints, we probably won't have another prototype until mid-July. That said both us will continue working with and carrying Proto3 and Proto4 on a regular basis during that time.

We will update as things go, but just to keep folks expectations in line with our realities.

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    After playing with a CD-6 on my enigma, my 2 suggestions are:

1) holes for screwing, lashing, or otherwise securing to other pieces of equipment.
    2) a smooth, tapered shape on the body side to mitigate hotspots.

Regards,

JWH
    So, definitely the SLAB is intended to be a low profile, simple belt-based carrier.

But, I'm working on another design that has adjustable cant, possibly adjustable height (I'm trying to find the best way to accomplish that with off-the-shelf hardware), and should be "Enigma Friendly". That's the goal.

It'll also be the loader for folks who run Jetloaders or Speedbeez loaders, where straddling the belt can cause accidental activation of the loader. While the SLAB is better than the CD6, it is not 100% and I don't trust it currently.

User Tag List