Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flamingo and Rob's Tools Presents: Speed Loader Along Belt

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Interesting.....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Nicely done. I have not carried a revolver as a primary gun in about 2 decades, but would be interested if I did. Finding good ways to carry spare ammo was always a problem when I carried revolvers, so it is good to see innovation directed towards this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Here's one on the market I'd like to try, but $43 before tax & shipping just seems too high of a price to hold a 5-shot J-frame speedloader, which I've, so far, been putting in my pocket for free. The design looks great from Speed Beez, however. Speed-Beez does have versions for other speedloader sizes, btw.

https://www.speedbeez.com/product/sp...7-5-five-shot/

Awesome work guys. And a needed product too.

I’ve been working on another (non speed loader ) ammo carrier with a top holster maker for the last couple of years. I’ve day when he has free time to devote to a niche project, it may see the light of day. But I’m very excited to see this one!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Yeah, forget that evolutionary biology thing. Design shit, patent it, and cash the cheques....

😝

pat

I think you can count me as a likely buyer for 3 L-frame/GP-100 sized versions.

I don't regularly carry a revolver but I do it enough to have a "rig" for it. The DeSantis Second Six holders are the best combination of concealability and retention I've found so far.

This looks like it would be an improvement over the Second Six -- no snap to undo. If it doesn't require splitting the rounds deeply, hiding a seven-round loader seems like a possibility.

Focusing on the Comp II and HKS size makes sense. With 03RN's suggestion of a tab at the bottom, I wonder if the design would be stable enough to hide a Comp III. A Comp III from a concealable pull-out Kydex holder seems about as perfect a reload as you could want with a revolver.
    Last edited by Edster; 05-21-2022 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    I think you can count me as a likely buyer for 3 L-frame/GP-100 sized versions.

I don't regularly carry a revolver but I do it enough to have a "rig" for it. The DeSantis Second Six holders are the best combination of concealability and retention I've found so far.

This looks like it would be an improvement over the Second Six -- no snap to undo and no splitting the rounds over the belt. Hiding a seven-round loader seems like a possibility.

Focusing on the Comp II and HKS size makes sense. With 03RN's suggestion of a tab at the bottom, I wonder if the design would be stable enough to hide a Comp III. A Comp III from a concealable pull-out Kydex holder seems about as perfect a reload as you could want with a revolver.
    So, for clarification, the design is a "split six" style. The bullets are intended to split over the belt. However, we designed this carrier to ride a bit higher with less "belt" between the bullets. I was making up a new model for us to mold off of earlier and checking our specs right now the bullets sit over the belt by about 1/3". Compared to 1/2" or more for the Safariland/DeSantis designs.

CompIIIs definitely fit, how concealable they'll be remains to be determined.

Today as I went about stuff I wore Proto3 with a J-frame HKS in it. I dropped it down a bit on my belt to get a little tab on the bottom as @03RN suggested and did find it canted the holder back in a bit and reduced printing. Definitely will be taking that into consideration with the next prototypes.

When we get just a bit farther along, I'll be putting in an order for more speed loaders to further check things on. Including some 7-round HKS and J-Frame Comp Is.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, for clarification, the design is a "split six" style. The bullets are intended to split over the belt. However, we designed this carrier to ride a bit higher with less "belt" between the bullets. I was making up a new model for us to mold off of earlier and checking our specs right now the bullets sit over the belt by about 1/3". Compared to 1/2" or more for the Safariland/DeSantis designs.

CompIIIs definitely fit, how concealable they'll be remains to be determined.

Today as I went about stuff I wore Proto3 with a J-frame HKS in it. I dropped it down a bit on my belt to get a little tab on the bottom as @03RN suggested and did find it canted the holder back in a bit and reduced printing. Definitely will be taking that into consideration with the next prototypes.

When we get just a bit farther along, I'll be putting in an order for more speed loaders to further check things on. Including some 7-round HKS and J-Frame Comp Is.
    Got it. I started wondering about that as I was looking at the design, thus the edit I made a little later. If it doesn't push down too deeply, 7-round loaders might still work.

I'm only thinking about this because I'm considering one of the new stainless Wiley Clapps if they ever get back in stock at reasonable prices. I wish Ruger had not gone to seven rounds with the new version, mostly because there only seems to be one option for speedloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So there you have it: Flamingo and Rob's Tools Present the SLAB.
    FaRT SLAB

Was that on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    FaRT SLAB

Was that on purpose?
    We cannot confirm or deny if anything was done on purpose, accidentally, or accidentally on purpose.

User Tag List