Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regrets, I Haz Them

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Regrets, I Haz Them

Flash back about seven years. There was a 4" 29-3 in the LGS. I thought "damn, a 6" ported Model 29 beats me up enough as it is. No way I'm going to have fun with that. Pass."

What I didn't think about was that I could have treated it like a Model 24, only shot Specials through it, and had a great gun.

Not enough time on P-F, I guess.

What'd you guys leave in the display case that you wish you hadn't?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A S&W 45 ACP revolver. It was probably a 1917 that had the barrel cut back to about 3 inches or so. It wasn't a Fitz, but I'll bet it had stories to tell. I passed because I thought they wanted too much. Probably $400 or something. I had bought a couple K-Frames from the same shop for less than $300 during that time period.

Site Supporter
    A really cheap SW 3913 LS at a LGS that going out of business. Unfortunately, I was sending kid through college and didn't have the bucks.

A snubby SW Model 66. At a gun show and saw a guy being chiseled out of a good price, by the dealer. I wanted to yell - NOOO! but didn't.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    A Lew Horton 44 special for $600 about 16 years ago.
    A snubnose fixed-sight nickled 29 for $800 about a decade ago. I didn't know these were a thing and thought it might have been a hack, but later learned they were a custom order. I've never seen one since.

I had the money both times but talked myself out of each for "reasons".

Chris

A Nightguard 315 5 or 6 years ago that was @$700.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

An excellent condition HK P7 with several spare magazines for the price of a clapped out junker at the turn of the millennium. I saw it, looked for a minute, put it back down, and walked off toward the rifle racks to think the purchase over. I got halfway across the shop before calling myself a dimwit and turned around to go grab the pistol.

Another guy had it in his hand while waving a clerk over to get the paperwork started. He who hesitates is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    A Nightguard 315 5 or 6 years ago that was @$700.
    Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Dang.

Yes, indeed.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Back in the early to mid 80s I saw a three inch Python at my LGS. Had a price tag north of $500. That was a crazy price and too rich for me!!! (Audible sigh...)
    Regards, Ted

Nothing. I buy everything that I’m remotely interested in.

User Tag List