Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KSTG at the NRA Range 18-Sep-12

We are diminished

KSTG at the NRA Range 18-Sep-12

KSTG match
    Tuesday 18-August-2012
    $25
    Estimated Round Count: 50-60
    Squads begin at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. Six people maximum per squad.

Registration is now open. Call 703-267-1402 to reserve a slot.

Sweet, I'm in at 9pm. This lands on the only evening of my only travel this month.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I'm in at 8, but will probably stick around to watch Mario shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    I'm in at 8, but will probably stick around to watch Mario shoot.
    I'll try to get crazy with the props or something entertaining for you.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

So it looks like I'll have to travel elsewhere tomorrow. Very disappointed. I'm about to call so they can open up my 9pm slot.

I love the KSTG format - it allows aiwb and the time commitment is one hour. I would pay double for a match like that in my area. As it stands, I'll have to hope that my travel and KSTG scheduling align for the next match... maybe a House of Horrors Halloween theme? Random skeletons popping out at you while you navigate a CoF?

I gave up my 9 pm Slot, come tomorrow if you want to take my place.

I won't be making it this time. You can have my 5pm slot. Name is Gallagher.

Site Supporter
    Great match! I was really happy with my times, but not too pleased with the procedural.

As always, thanks for a good match.

I particularly liked the turning target inclusion, and the walled stage design. The solid edge was particularly appreciated to avoid the distractions encountered before where tarp material was disrupted by muzzle blast. (In one sense, somewhat good to train against... but nice to have one less distraction from the simulation versus actual cover.)

And as recently, the stage sequencing is a good thing to test oneself against. The progression of precision to speed, then back again is very useful in calibrating the balance. (And most illustrative when one fails to do so, as I did... but this is why we pursue the opportunity to learn. Of course, it is the mistakes that one remembers most... just like placing an extra and turns out un-needed shot on the first stage on one of the few targets with both an exposed chest and head.) The chance to make one's mistakes, and thereby hopefully not to repeat them, is always the best part of the night.

Thanks for another fun match!

User Tag List