Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P365x vs. xl

Site Supporter

P365x vs. xl

Hey all,

I’m looking at picking up one of these two options with the intent of running a pretty capable (compared to my usual g45) small pistol that can be worn in an enigma below the belt line if necessary. I’m looking at either a p365xl, a p365x, or a p365x with a PMM comp on it.

My question is, how different is the recoil impulse between the larger xl and the x model? I generally like a longer grip and shorter slide, but have no experience with that combo in the size range of the p365. Similarly, if anyone has experience with a comped p365x regarding reliability, I’d like to hear about it. I know the recoil impulse on that setup would likely be a non issue, but reliability especially with only one hand on the gun might be.

Owned both, there’s no perceptible difference for me.

Currently own both, what RJ said, I cannot tell a difference and nothing that shows up in my splits. I prefer the XL but that is just about IWB carry ergos in my case.

My fav shooting upper is an X with a PMM comp/barrel, and fav lower grip is a Wilson XL although the 365 grip conceals better. 407K.

Name:  BC3233BC-323B-4EC3-964D-DF083960D34A.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  97.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Owned both, there’s no perceptible difference for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Currently own both, what RJ said, I cannot tell a difference and nothing that shows up in my splits. I prefer the XL but that is just about IWB carry ergos in my case.
    I think most people won’t be able to tell a difference.

There is a perceptible difference with slide speed, impact and slide tracking.

It won’t matter for most people’s shooting ability.

The comp will take away some weak ammo or limp wrist margin if you use the stock recoil spring.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My fav shooting upper is an X with a PMM comp/barrel, and fav lower grip is a Wilson XL although the 365 grip conceals better. 407K.

Name:  BC3233BC-323B-4EC3-964D-DF083960D34A.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  97.6 KB
    That looks like a great setup.

Is the difference in concealment from the added thickness of the Wilson grip, or something to do with the way the butt is shaped?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think most people won’t be able to tell a difference.

There is a perceptible difference with slide speed, impact and slide tracking.

It won’t matter for most people’s shooting ability.

The comp will take away some weak ammo or limp wrist margin if you use the stock recoil spring.
    Realistically I won’t be taking this thing much beyond .25 splits

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    That looks like a great setup.

Is the difference in concealment from the added thickness of the Wilson grip, or something to do with the way the butt is shaped?
    My wife thinks, on her small frame, the OEM grip conceals slightly better than the Wilson due to the palm swell. We both like shooting the Wilson because of the palm swell and better traction from the texturing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife thinks, on her small frame, the OEM grip conceals slightly better than the Wilson due to the palm swell. We both like shooting the Wilson because of the palm swell and better traction from the texturing.
    How does the texture ride against bare skin? Does it tear up undershirts or overshirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Realistically I won’t be taking this thing much beyond .25 splits
    I think the X is the most versatile and my personal preferred carry configuration.

From an effectiveness standpoint, the True barrel and AC compensator is superior to the PMM but it is a little longer than the XL length of the PMM.

0.15 resonant splits on the AC.

You can do those kind of splits with an X but it’s not easy or as reproducible.

Slow motion of the various P365 configurations here.

Basically you can’t go wrong with anything so get the configuration you will likely carry.

User Tag List