Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Integrally suppressed .22s

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Don’t. Neither of these are worth being tied to a non portable, proprietary silencer. Sell or trade the both into something thar is threaded. The can is literally a lifetime investment and a portable .22 can is way better than making a lifetime investment on two fairly run of the mill, mass produced, common weapons.
    I was mostly thinking the advantage would be in having a much shorter OAL for a can that I am not likely to want to move around that much. Particularly given that I am not so certain how badly I want to suppress the .22 pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I was mostly thinking the advantage would be in having a much shorter OAL for a can that I am not likely to want to move around that much. Particularly given that I am not so certain how badly I want to suppress the .22 pistol.
    Suppressed .22s should be MANDATORY! Integral or direct thread. They are soooo much fun, and cheap to shoot. I am really liking the Glock 44 with a threaded barrel and my Elite Iron Echo, with a Crye holster. Quite the bunny killer. My kids like eating bunnies. My EI Echo has lived on the MP5 clone, the Glock, and a Ruger MKIII/45. I will soon get my daughter's Chipmunk threaded for the Super Silent But Deadly bolt gun.

Of course, the way I sold Mrs. UNM1136 on the trust (back when the trust was a good idear, wouldn't use a trust today if I didn't already have it) was that everything in the gun safe needs to be suppressed, you know, for the children. To save their hearing. I then said "huh?" alot to show how my hearing had been damaged, shooting .223 at 5, 12 gauge at 12, .300 WinMag and .50 BMG bolt guns at 16,

The .22 can is the most used one, and for good reason.

pat

Hammertime

OAL and they are super light. I love mine!

Site Supporter
    Intregals seem like fun, but trust me, a thread-on is way more fun. As LL and others pointed out, this is a lifetime investment - and having a separate unit allows you to move it between hosts. I heed/hawd over mien for a bit and finally settled on the Sig 22lr can, because every baffle is stainless and I don't have to be careful about how I clean/maintain the unit.

Site Supporter
    Not adding much to this but in TX, I saw a smith who made a integral, suppressed, fully auto 10/22. Very cool - yes, he was legal to do so.

A guy here has one of those.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

If shopping for a replacement 10-22, don’t overlook the Thompson T/CR-22.
    David S.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    For me, that's a big cup of S&W can go f itself. I don't really care if it works, ripping off an icon is what I expect from some two-bit b.s. pretender company. If that's what it's come to, I'm out.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For me, that's a big cup of S&W can go f itself. I don't really care if it works, ripping off an icon is what I expect from some two-bit b.s. pretender company. If that's what it's come to, I'm out.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm
    Chuck Hawks is still posting stuff?!
    #RESIST

If you don’t have fun with a suppressed .22 pistol, you’re #LiterallyHitler.
    #RESIST

User Tag List