Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Integrally suppressed .22s

I like the TACSOL SBX barrels. They have a shorter barrel (I think it is 12") with a permanent cage (~4") that hold the can to meet the 16" requirement. They are kind of like an integral can, but with the ease of switching barrels.

Name:  FAE32282-634E-473C-837F-CB403F3CCDD3.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  107.5 KB
    Last edited by Flamingo; 05-20-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Don’t. Neither of these are worth being tied to a non portable, proprietary silencer. Sell or trade the both into something thar is threaded. The can is literally a lifetime investment and a portable .22 can is way better than making a lifetime investment on two fairly run of the mill, mass produced, common weapons.
    To me the integral barrels for the 10/22 resolve that, so long as they are serviceable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Interesting. May I ask which gun? Anything unusual about twist rate or rifling? I have had some guns, like with any ammo, not group the best with the coated ammo, but I have not seen keyholing out of any of the ones I have used, ranging from a 1964 Ruger Standard to a ~2021 Ruger Charger with a Volquartsen barrel.

P250 .22LR
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Don’t. Neither of these are worth being tied to a non portable, proprietary silencer. Sell or trade the both into something thar is threaded. The can is literally a lifetime investment and a portable .22 can is way better than making a lifetime investment on two fairly run of the mill, mass produced, common weapons.

This is the way.

The can as a separate unit is the only way to go.

You can stick it on your 10-22.

Then swap it onto your Ruger MK 12345/whatever, that is threaded.

Then swap it onto your 1911 frame with a conversion upper.

Then swap it onto your M&P AR-15 .22

Then onto whichever bolt gun that blows up your skirt.

and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    P250 .22LR
    People on rimfirecenrtral.com are reporting that key holing after switching to CCI Clean is indicative of a lead-fouled barrel. Not sure if it is true, but a good deep cleaning of the barrel with Kroil (penetrating oil of your choice) cannot hurt anything other than your wallet. I like to plug the muzzle, position barrel chamber up in a vise or C-clamp, pour Kroil into it, plug the chamber end, put the whole thing in a glass jar, put it in my garage as I cannot stand the smell, and wait twenty-four hours. After that, remove the plugs, drain the Kroil, swab the bore a few times with a brass brush, and patch it dry. If there was any lead, it will be gone. I once got sheets of lead complete with rifling impressions from what appeared to be a clean bore prior to using penetrating oil. I usually get more than a few pieces of lead.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    To me the integral barrels for the 10/22 resolve that, so long as they are serviceable.
    How? You can’t say migrate the can to a Ruger RPR, Vudoo, Tikka T1X, or Zermatt RimX. So you’re tied to the 10/22 action. With a portable can, you can go precision rimfire one day, 5.7 the next, and plink .22 pistol the following day. I mean, if you’re really, really, really keen on the 10/22, but why not just get a threaded 10/22? Or a Ruger Charger? A portable can opens up so many possibilities, or more accurately speaking, an integrally suppressed barrel really restricts your possibilities.
    #RESIST

How? You can’t say migrate the can to a Ruger RPR, Vudoo, Tikka T1X, or Zermatt RimX. So you’re tied to the 10/22 action. With a portable can, you can go precision rimfire one day, 5.7 the next, and plink .22 pistol the following day. I mean, if you’re really, really, really keen on the 10/22, but why not just get a threaded 10/22? Or a Ruger Charger? A portable can opens up so many possibilities, or more accurately speaking, an integrally suppressed barrel really restricts your possibilities.
    I was reading your comment as being more the host wasn’t worth it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    This is the way.

Suppressed rectal shot. Deadly and humiliating.
    #RESIST

Suppressed rectal shot. Deadly and humiliating.
    #Moneyshot !

Actually I tagged him right in the back of his head as he was slinking down a ditch away from me. He had just crossed the road and hid. I was looking for him and saw him slipping away and put one in the back of his grape. He took a lights out nose dive right there.

Site Supporter
    These folks used to do an integrally suppressed pistol on a customer supplied Ruger that several pros I know absolutely loved. If you are determined to go that way.

It is not on their website any more, but in my experience they answer emails very, very quickly. Within an hour, most days. It was almost like a chat.

BUT I bought their Echo 6" direct thread. After a day of emailing I was assured that the 6" model would work (and be warrantied) on .22 mag and 5.7, even though I don't own either of those calibers, and never have, and have no plans.... That can now rides frequently on my SBR'd MP5 .22 clone, and my son's Glock .44, and has previously ridden on a threaded MKIII/.45. Sounds only a little louder than a staple or pellet gun.

I went to DPS/POST sponsored body armor shoot, and ran into a field rep for a competing suppressor company who admitted that the 6" Echo was quieter than their popular .22 can (my Echo was in NFA jail), but the next generation of their popular can "would be quieter than the Echo". Never tested my Echo side by side or metered with the the popular competitor, but was told by someone with a lot of experience metering cans that the comparison was likely accurate. My Echo can also be disassembled for cleaning, but hen I think their integral Ruger can could be, too, now that I think about it.

pat

User Tag List