Thread: Fire at CZ Custom

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I look forward to hearing details about this. It seems odd that the report noted that some employees were trapped inside the business during the fire (which was in close proximity to the back door) and that firefighters "broke a window that allowed the trapped employees to escape". I wonder why they just didn't open the front door and walk out? The front door faces Southern Avenue, which is on the opposite side of where I understood the fire was located.

On another note. This happened this morning, according to the report. I was planning to take two pistols to CZ Custom for some sight work this morning, but assumed the business would be closed for Memorial Day, so decided to wait until tomorrow. Think I will hold up on that plan until I get an opportunity to speak with Stuart.

Dang, glad to hear nobody was hurt. Hope the damage/loss was not too severe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I look forward to hearing details about this. It seems odd that the report noted that some employees were trapped inside the business during the fire (which was in close proximity to the back door) and that firefighters "broke a window that allowed the trapped employees to escape". I wonder why they just didn't open the front door and walk out? The front door faces Southern Avenue, which is on the opposite side of where I understood the fire was located.
    I don't know the layout there, but the fire was in a storage container with hazardous materials and ammunition up against the rear wall of the structure. Entirely possible that they could have been stuck by a hallway along that wall. Also, the media sucks at language (which is kinda funny when you think about it). Sometimes, "trapped" means "secure where they are" or "we told them to leave but they're scared and refusing".

In other news, fires in storage containers suck. We literally use one for flashover training in our county, which also sucks. Flashover, occurring at 930-1100 degrees F, is when material in the room starts to offgas some really flammable stuff. Smoke catches fire, objects spontaneously combust, etc. It can happen in just a few minutes.

I had no idea they were this close to my house. I pray all turns out well for them, but knowing this may have just cost me some money.

User Tag List