Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL sent this out about pelvic shots

VCDL sent this out about pelvic shots

#RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've seen a lot of pelvis shots. Very very few resulted in a 'mobility kill' in a physical sense.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I've seen a few elderly walk into the ER with a shattered hip.

I had a fractured pelvis, it hurt a lot but didnt immobilize me in any sense. The docs missed it and told me to keep working carpentry and keep doing my PT. Not the right advice, but I survived it. Hurt like a sonofabiotch, but not immobilizing.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Back in the day, I took a bunch of Thunder Ranch Classes - Clint's material definitely included Pelvis shots. My take away was it was something to get a hit on when/if body armor is in play. Getting someone shot was going to help your cause in a gunfight.

I also think Clint liked the idea of hitting some bad guy in the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Back in the day, I took a bunch of Thunder Ranch Classes - Clint's material definitely included Pelvis shots. My take away was it was something to get a hit on when/if body armor is in play. Getting someone shot was going to help your cause in a gunfight.

I also think Clint liked the idea of hitting some bad guy in the package.
    If they're worth shootin'...

Wasn’t it Clint who also said “shoot what’s available, as long as it’s available, until something else/better becomes available…”

I’m sure the saying predates TR, but I think he made the phrase popular.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Knowing what I know about anatomy, why not aim for the “RUQ” or right upper quadrant on the left of person facing you. The liver is much larger, much more vascular, and the pain response is second to none. Look at “liver shots” in boxing for example, just the pain alone is disabling, usually no permanent injury.

Pelvic fractures and penetrating injuries to the pelvic girdle are often life threatening…but not immediately incapacitating. Here is what Rep. Steve Scalise had to say about the experience:

Standing on a baseball field, “you’re not thinking ‘that’s a bullet,’” Scalise says of the blast, which hit him in the left hip. “I felt it … and I just went to the ground,” he says. “I still had enough energy to start crawling—I’m crawling just to get away. And then my arms just gave out. And at that point, I’m just lying on the ground and I’m hearing gunfire. And so I just started praying. I mean, literally, just started praying. It was weird: I got almost an ease over me, because I felt like, you know what, there’s nothing I can—I can’t move. So I’m just going to pray to God and put in his hands.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ooting-215667/

I’ve taken care of more than a few people with this exact injury pattern over the years. Most went down fast but could still return fire for several minutes if they had a weapon.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List