Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tip for Coin Cell Battery Storage

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Keep them well out of reach of kids
    I'm aware of the swallowing hazard. I keep all batteries in a secure location in the house, or my range bag, EDC backpack, or in some AR pistol grips which are obviously secured. We have no small children at the house and no grandchildren yet. I think the ziploc bags would be difficult for a child to open as you have to pinch and roll them due to how short opening is. It takes a bit of strength to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    You misread my post. I bought a 200 pack of the little ziploc bags, not the batteries. I only use Duracell batteries in optics.
    D'oh! My bad on that one and my apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm aware of the swallowing hazard. I keep all batteries in a secure location in the house, or my range bag, EDC backpack, or in some AR pistol grips which are obviously secured. We have no small children at the house and no grandchildren yet. I think the ziploc bags would be difficult for a child to open as you have to pinch and roll them due to how short opening is. It takes a bit of strength to pull off.
    That's good then

I'm not sure how much protection the baggies would offer if swallowed but coin battery ingestions are awful, they can cause necrosis to the esophagus or stomach and lead to mediastinitis. It's really shitty and preventable which is why I like reminding people whenever battery storage comes up.

User Tag List