Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long term gas storage

Long term gas storage

well, shit.
    the 6 month rotation period for my emergency gasoline storage, is going to expire in like 45 days.
    we're talking 30 gallons in cans, about 15 still in the minivan (that's already 6 months old), and another 12 potentially in the neon, which isn't coming out to play this year as it's a premium whore.
    this is gonna be painful.
    on the bright side, I'll be able to convince the wife to file for another $200 on $500 credit card, just to cover gas.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    well, shit.
    the 6 month rotation period for my emergency gasoline storage, is going to expire in like 45 days.
    we're talking 30 gallons in cans, about 15 still in the minivan (that's already 6 months old), and another 12 potentially in the neon, which isn't coming out to play this year as it's a premium whore.
    this is gonna be painful.
    on the bright side, I'll be able to convince the wife to file for another $200 on $500 credit card, just to cover gas.
    I've stored gas much longer than that with zero issues. It doesn't shellac today as readily as it used to for whatever reason. Given today's prices I'd just let it ride or put some Sta-bil in it if I was really worried.

Also, I'm guessing this was supposed to be in general BS instead of the meme thread?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've stored gas much longer than that with zero issues. It doesn't shellac today as readily as it used to for whatever reason. Given today's prices I'd just let it ride or put some Sta-bil in it if I was really worried.

Also, I'm guessing this was supposed to be in general BS instead of the meme thread?
    yea sorry. bouncing back and forth between threads while red mist pissed off at losing that parts car, head moving like i'm half indian/half mexican (Fluffy fans will get the joke.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Yeah I've done 5 gal cans with 10 gal worth of Sta Bil for well over 12 months. Also typically use 0% ethanol for this.

When I winterized my bike in Nov 2020, I filled the tank and added stabil. Fired right up about a month ago, and I rode it down to a 1/4 tank without problems.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Timely thread. I was told a couple of years ago sta-bil did not work as well as it used to with the newer gases. Is that not true? Or do we need to find non-ethanol for something it to work properly?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Timely thread. I was told a couple of years ago sta-bil did not work as well as it used to with the newer gases. Is that not true? Or do we need to find non-ethanol for something it to work properly?
    I just used regular high octane pump gas
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Wouldn’t 100% gas work the best for this and last much longer?

When I had motorcycles in the mid 00s I never bothered to add anything to winterize them. Sometimes I it would sit for 2 years without being touched. Never had a problem starting or riding.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have been using one year old stabilized mixed gas in my chainsaws this spring - I had 12 gallons left over from summer - without issue. At least I think so.

Six months is a good rotation but I don't see a reason you can't go 12 with a stabilizer.

I use Stabile but bought some AMSOIL to try soon.

User Tag List