Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Beretta New Release, APX A1

Vending Machine Operator
    I hopped on the tail end of Beretta’s APX rebate today. Got an APX A1 Optics-Ready Compact. Price including shipping and tax, after rebate, was $326.

I got my APX A0 for $324. Given that this one is optics ready, I think I did even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Still waiting for an A1 Compact with a manual thumb safety option.

I pretty much agree with the Humble Marksman video on the APX. I had one for a while, the original and it was an excellent shooter and really liked it overall. I had one when they were first released, and duty holster support at the time was sparce as well as getting magazines. I didn't keep it around because of that.

The A1 has some pretty solid enhancements over the original, and I'm not sure why more agencies didn't or haven't looked at them as a duty pistol. PD pricing is less than 400 on them as far as agency purchasing. Never even heard of an agency testing them.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I pretty much agree with the Humble Marksman video on the APX. I had one for a while, the original and it was an excellent shooter and really liked it overall. I had one when they were first released, and duty holster support at the time was sparce as well as getting magazines. I didn't keep it around because of that.

The A1 has some pretty solid enhancements over the original, and I'm not sure why more agencies didn't or haven't looked at them as a duty pistol. PD pricing is less than 400 on them as far as agency purchasing. Never even heard of an agency testing them.

TXPO
    Beretta's LE customer service has been..well...lackluster...for the last 25 years. They come out with good products, but you never really know who your rep is and they make ZERO effort to actually market to LE. I spoke to our rep at the IACP show back in October and it sounds like he basically is the only LE rep for the whole country. That's a problem. I'm interested in purchasing 30 1301's for the department. I gave him my contact info and to date have heard nothing from him.

We've probably been visited by S&W, Glock and SIG at least eight or nine times each in the last fifteen years. Hell, even H&K (who hates everyone) came and put on a demo at our range back in 2011. Nothing from Beretta. Zip. You're lucky if they return your phone call. They don't visit to sell their wares at the cop shops either. No effort.

The APXA1 is probably a really good gun, but it will never get off the ground until Beretta decides to give a hoot about LE sales again.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Beretta's LE customer service has been..well...lackluster...for the last 25 years. They come out with good products, but you never really know who your rep is and they make ZERO effort to actually market to LE. I spoke to our rep at the IACP show back in October and it sounds like he basically is the only LE rep for the whole country. That's a problem. I'm interested in purchasing 30 1301's for the department. I gave him my contact info and to date have heard nothing from him.

We've probably been visited by S&W, Glock and SIG at least eight or nine times each in the last fifteen years. Hell, even H&K (who hates everyone) came and put on a demo at our range back in 2011. Nothing from Beretta. Zip. You're lucky if they return your phone call. They don't visit to sell their wares at the cop shops either. No effort.

The APXA1 is probably a really good gun, but it will never get off the ground until Beretta decides to give a hoot about LE sales again.
    I agree completely. I reached out to them when I had my APX, in reference to LE purchasing and information so I could evaluate it, and I got the same response....zero.

It's a miracle they ever got the US contract with the 92 if their response was the same back then. They are a much different animal today I guess.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

TXPO

Gallatin Tn PD (home of beretta USA now, not surprising)
    Wetumpka Al PD
    Glendale heights Il PD

After owning mine for a year and wanting a OD green frame for it, Beretta finally released the A1 OD frames in the states. While they have been available almost from day one in Europe, only the A0 OD, FDE frames were stateside until recently.

Has anyone tried this thumb safety kit from Beretta:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/produc...ll-size-E02588

It looks like it’s for only the M0 frame, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post

Shoot me a PM with your contact and I'll see if we can't push those 1301s through the commercial team, or get it on the LE rep's boss's desk. They are a very thin bench right now, but big Beretta is relaxing some of the lane lines between the small LE team and our much larger commercial team.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Shoot me a PM with your contact and I'll see if we can't push those 1301s through the commercial team, or get it on the LE rep's boss's desk. They are a very thin bench right now, but big Beretta is relaxing some of the lane lines between the small LE team and our much larger commercial team.
    PM sent. Thanks!

User Tag List