Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta New Release, APX A1

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    That’s a cool marketing vid and all but this link, (I know it’s YT), has a lot more info and background on the pistol. It is James from TFB touring the factory, interviewing the Beretta COO, the pistol designer and other people. Also running the A1 through some paces at the Beretta factory.

https://youtu.be/CSuWJwbQC7Y
    I think you misunderstand. When I say luddite - I mean I didn't watch Beretta's marketing video. I looked at the pictures and read the words and numbers on the page.

I know I'm weird, but personally I'd rather watch paint dry than watch gun videos.

It's not a knock on folks who like Youtube or video media. I just don't consume media/information in that format for personal use. There are manifold reasons for this, but the main reason is: 1) GunTube has a bad tendency to take 120-seconds of information and turn it into 12-minutes of fluff.

Case in point - I opened this thread this morning and within 2-minutes learned:

Beretta brought out a new APX, it's called the A1.

APX A1 Has a new slide that is less ugly and is optics ready.

It will ship with multiple plates.

Due to the efforts of folks here on P-F, I've learned that the thumb safety Beretta offers will be working on the A1 variant (thanks for checking into that).

From Beretta's website I learned it's dimensionally very similar to the old APX and will come in right around G19 size range.

My conclusion: A striker fired 9mm pistol with ergos that fit my hand and thumb safety is an option. I'm interested.

Site Supporter
    The gun shop I work at can't keep the current APXs in stock. We get a few in and they are gone in a few days.
    If Beretta keeps them priced as they are these will be a great seller as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    The gun shop I work at can't keep the current APXs in stock. We get a few in and they are gone in a few days.
    If Beretta keeps them priced as they are these will be a great seller as well.
    They almost certainly will because it's what the market seems to support. They want to take a large share of the market and it's a difficult market to gain traction in, sadly.

Site Supporter
    $479 if you have a Bass Pro nearby...

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bere...mi-auto-pistol

Site Supporter
    Much better than the current apx

I may pick one up for the novelty of having a striker fired beretta amongst a sea of 92s in my safe.

I'm honestly excited and happy for Beretta. This one looks like it'll be a success and the enhancements seem well thought out. It's unfortunate the "A0" has been so overlooked, seemingly for the superficial reason of "the serrations look weird" to some people.

I'm also heavily invested in Glock and H&K. Definitely not going to be a "replacement" for me, but I think I might have to buy one just to support the company. Based on appearance and the enhancements, I could see it being an enjoyable shooter.

They have some humor too! This was a nice, subtle burn

Ambidextrous controls adjust to right and wrong-handed shooters
    https://www.beretta.com/en-us/apx-a1-full-size/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    From Beretta's website I learned it's dimensionally very similar to the old APX and will come in right around G19 size range.
    Just to quantify the above I compared the specs on the Beretta site to the g19 on Glocks site and the new apx is around .65 inches longer slide length, .5 inhes taller in height, and around .3 inches thicker. May want to double check as this was pre second mug of coffee.

I appreciate the link; I to prefer being able to read/scan an article first to decide if its worth watching a video.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    Just to quantify the above I compared the specs on the Beretta site to the g19 on Glocks site and the new apx is around .65 inches longer slide length, .5 inhes taller in height, and around .3 inches thicker.
    I had both the Centurion and full-size APX...the Centurion is comparable to the G19 size-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

My conclusion: A striker fired 9mm pistol with ergos that fit my hand and thumb safety is an option. I'm interested.

ditto

I think what I am most intrigued by is that MAYBE, out of the box it is GTG (with the caveat of adding the safety). I am running a Glock with a RD as my non-NPE gun, but one has a Boresight frame package on it with an Overwatch flat trigger, and the ohter is a Poly80 frame. Both have Gadgets as well and both had to be sent out to have the slide milled. So "glock perfection" is not really that out of the box, and it would be nice to have an affordable option that is somewhat supported by the maker and/or aftermarket, with a RD option ready to go, that could be a perfect fit for the new gun owner who will most likely never be a gun guy who wants to deal with new triggers, new sights, sending the slide out for milling, adding an additional safety layer, etc.

I was hoping the CZ P10 would be that, and it would be except there is no way to add a thumb safety or gadget.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 05-19-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

mistaken duplicate
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List