Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta New Release, APX A1

I'm into this, honestly really like the APX Carry A1 that I bought recently and it's looking to be my go to summer carry with an Enigma shell. Would be more interested in the compact sized or subcompact, won't likely jump on the full size train as I'm not LE or Mil.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Could not find info on the Beretta website, but here is what a vendor is saying:

RED-DOT OPTIC READY SLIDE
    The red-dot ready slide is designed to receive a variety of optics plates, one of which will be provided by Beretta free of charge through the warranty registration process online, including Burris, C-more, Shield, and Holosun Series.
    If these are handled the same way the A1 Carry was, then you'll have to fill out a form and they'll mail you a coupon code for the plate you choose for your optic so you can purchase from the vendor selling the plates.

I still haven't received mine. An interesting note is I chose the Trijicon plate for the A1 Carry and they didn't specify whether it was RMR or RMR CC fit as they are different. I was hoping for the RMR cc compatibility as I don't feel the RMR is necessary on pistol that size and my hang off quite a bit with the large radius at the edges of the slide, we'll see if this turns into an abortion in the end.

It would be cool if they did something to replicate the P365 format with the A1 but I'm not holding my breath for it anytime soon with the slow speed they bring new products to market with.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Phoned Beretta US and checked, the Beretta Safety Assembly on Frame for APX Full Size kit will fit the APX A1.
    I was wondering this too. So, you would have to switch out the grip frame? To the one they supply with the safety kit? (Which would be the original style frame… I guess). (Or am I misinterpreting that they include a separate grip frame with the safety kit?)

Maybe not, though. If there’s enough clearance for the safety on the A1 frame.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 05-18-2022 at 01:02 PM.

What impressed me the most is the discussions on design/design improvement and quality control and testing. In a field where seemingly everyone else throws things out on the market and the consumer is the beta tester/QC, Beretta seems comitted to a higher standard per individual gun.

I'm pretty invested in Glock and HK, so it would be a bit of an uphill struggle for me to invest in it, but I'm definitely interested.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I was wondering this too. So, you would have to switch out the grip frame? To the one they supply with the safety kit? (Which would be the original style frame… I guess). (Or am I misinterpreting that they include a separate grip frame with the safety kit?)

Maybe not, though. If there’s enough clearance for the safety on the A1 frame.
    Good question, I should have asked. I do know that is possible to install the kit on your current grip with a slight mod. Also possible to install it on a Centurion grip. See comments below from a review of the kit on Beretta's website:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I posted the following at post #405 in our big "Beretta APX" thread in 2019

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-APX/page41
    I get the feeling with all the negative feedback the slide treatment gets - and perhaps it's a problem for holster makers, since the APX still doesn't show on a lot of holster makers gun list charts - that Beretta is going to come out with a new model with a more conventional slide. I don't think the current slide profile is awful, but I'd rather have more conventional grasping serrations. Because that bug is in my head (put there by myself), I'm hesitant to get something that could possibly change to something I prefer more, before the change is made. Therefore, I wait for a model that may never come.
    Heck, now I kind of feel obligated to buy an APX A1.

I look forward to this and hopefully line extensions also.

Link to APX A1 for us Luddites who hate Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I posted the following at post #405 in our big "Beretta APX" thread in 2019

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-APX/page41

Heck, now I kind of feel obligated to buy an APX A1.
    You are obligated after that comment!

Happy to see these changes, and I hope that this gets more popular. I’ll probably end up picking one up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Link to APX A1 for us Luddites who hate Youtube.
    That’s a cool marketing vid and all but this link, (I know it’s YT), has a lot more info and background on the pistol. It is James from TFB touring the factory, interviewing the Beretta COO, the pistol designer and other people. Also running the A1 through some paces at the Beretta factory.

https://youtu.be/CSuWJwbQC7Y

User Tag List