Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: plates for CZ P10C

plates for CZ P10C

All of a sudden, I'm having a problem keeping the C&H Precision plates tight on my CZ P10Cs.

Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of these folks:

https://www.anrkydexholsters.com/pro...r-optic-plate/
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

No experience with that one, but I used these and had good luck with them.

https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-p-10-or-...e-trijicon-rmr
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

Which screws are you using for both the plate and the optic, and what torque settings are correct?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Which screws are you using for both the plate and the optic, and what torque settings are correct?
    Ugh. I mounted that over 2 years ago. As I recall, I pretty sure the plate came with screws and I used those to mount the plate. I had 2 plates from them. One for a Shield RMSc and one for an RMR/SRO. I don’t remember which brand screws I used to mount the optics. My method of mounting optics and plates isn’t very scientific. I degrease the area and screws w acetone, add Loctite 242/243/248 and tighten down until I can’t tighten anymore using just an Allen wrench. It’s always worked. I did grab a torque bit here recently but have only used it on my G19.5 MOS.

Name:  5C502EF4-6B2D-409D-A75A-7E2EA7947735.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  99.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

All of a sudden, I'm having a problem keeping the C&H Precision plates tight on my CZ P10Cs.

No experience with those plates, but I know the guys at ANR I would expect it to be well made and good to go.

The CZ-USA SKU is 19230 if you want to search other vendors for stock. (CZ is backordered on them at the moment)
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

This is what I use on my CZ.

I know the CHPWS plates are very popular but the appeal of the CHPWS plates for me on something like a Glock is that the factory Glock MOS plates are cast aluminium and poorly made where the CHPWS plate is machined aluminium. Well with the factory CZ plate is machined from steel and like everything CZ does they are well made so I really didn't see the point to buy the aluminium CHPWS.

That said my P10 is my messing around gun and not something I shoot a lot so I can't accurately speak to the ability of the CZ plate to stay on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    This is what I use on my CZ.

I know the CHPWS plates are very popular but the appeal of the CHPWS plates for me on something like a Glock is that the factory Glock MOS plates are cast aluminium and poorly made where the CHPWS plate is machined aluminium. Well with the factory CZ plate is machined from steel and like everything CZ does they are well made so I really didn't see the point to buy the aluminium CHPWS.

That said my P10 is my messing around gun and not something I shoot a lot so I can't accurately speak to the ability of the CZ plate to stay on the gun.
    Which screws are you using to attach the optic to the plate?

That sucks. I’m guessing it’s fatigue of the holes in aluminum plate. Aluminum isn’t a very tough metal.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've ordered two of the plates linked above from CZ Parts as the CZ Custom plates appear to be perpetually out of stock. According to the response I received from CZ Parts, the plates come with the appropriate screws to attach them to the pistol, but they were not helpful with information about the screws for attaching the optics.

I strongly considered just buying two new non-optic "ready" CZs and having them milled and selling the OR models.

I strongly considered just buying two new non-optic "ready" CZs and having them milled and selling the OR models.
    I’m not an expert on RDS yet, but that is the conclusion I’ve come to as well. I’ve been recommending direct mill mounting unless the individual has an OR gun or needs the flexibility of using different optic footprints.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List