Thread: Primary Arms Red Dot Experience

Primary Arms Red Dot Experience

I recently had an excellent customer service related experience with Primary Arms. I purchased a Primary Arms Red Dot (PAM30M4) in 2009 for $95 to use on an AR 15 and AK 47. I took it to the range a few times, than dismounted it, removed the battery, wrapped it a heavy cotton sock and placed it in safe.

In early 2022 I was going through the safe and decided to function-check a handful of sights. I installed the battery in the PAM30M4, and looked through the glass. The red dot was visible but where there was once clear glass, there was a jagged bluish green tint on one side of the glass. Other than the issue with the glass, the sight looked brand new.

I contacted PA customer service but didn’t really think it would amount too much given the age of the sight. They requested photo’s which I provided, and about a week later they provided an RMA number for repair. I sent the sight in and didn’t hear anything for almost a month, then received an email indicating they were replacing the old sight with a Primary Arms SLx Advanced 30mm Red Dot Sight ( PA30MMRD-AD) and High Cantilever 30mm Mount - Lower 1/3 Cowitness. (They couldn't repair the old one and no longer manufactured that model.)

Many companies boast about their lifetime warranties but much of the time a customer is made to jump through hoops to qualify for help. Few actually follow through on their so called guarantees. It’s gratifying to know that Primary Arms lives up to their promises and provides excellent customer service.

I love PA sights. I have a few. Buy in confidence.

Name:  C1A1A1B2-B152-4F69-833F-02B244E219CB.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  72.7 KB
    #RESIST

I've had a micro dot from them since 2013 or so. Not very many rounds, maybe 2k or so. It's been knocked around a lot though. No complaints for what it is. I'd like to put a CompM4 in it's place at somepoint.

I bought an MD-ADS in 2017 and used it on an AR for about 200rd. Next time I went to the range, the red dot flickered and later died. Changed battery, still dead. PA has good CS, but I bought an MRO after that.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've had a couple, one still lives on my girlfriend's 10/22. Great sights for the money

User Tag List