Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ‘A Skull and Bones-type vibe’: Spy agencies grapple with how much to share on UFO’s

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    We're in GD right? Back when my dad was hanging out with the escaped monk John Dobson and (I suspect) manufacturing psychedelics in San Francisco, he used to drive a TR-4A. He never mentioned it having anti-gravity capabilities but I think it generated some kind of field that disrupted electrical systems - I believe this is known as the Lucas Effect but I'm not an expert.

Anyway I have nothing against the idea that UFOs are visiting us in some way on a regular basis; I am just also really not a fan of the idea "I know something that is beyond top secret and can't tell you how I know but I can post it publicly without repercussions and you should trust me on this even though I have no credentials to explain how I would know something like that and the references I can give are Bob Lazar and Mattel or telling you to look at a video and infer with absolute certainty that there's only one explanation, which is alien tech that creates an inertia bubble."

Bob Lazar might well have seen some top secret stuff in his day and I'm in no position to say it COULDN'T be connected to alien tech; I think hardly anyone could make that guarantee. But I can't say I've ever been especially convinced on the basis of the extremely limited "evidence" he's offered, which has been stuff like "I can prove that I was once on the payroll there for something even though they said I was not one of their staff."

Hell, at the moderately large tech company I work for, we have contractors doing low level stuff, usually hoping to get hired full time and often getting there if they prove themselves, and if you asked if they were employees the company would say no, but if you went into the company directory you could find them. Nowadays, you'd find them and it would say something like maple.syrup(contractor) but twenty years ago, it was way more likely to have been just entered into a system with no iron-clad standard for what information was included. Actually now that I think about it, I used to be one of those contractors, for a different company. If you asked that company if I worked for them, they'd say "who? never heard of him" but I could tell you all about their internal systems in excruciating detail and show you ID if I still have it that would buzz me into their buildings etc etc etc.

I mean maybe the explanation is "the J-flight team erased Bob Lazar's existence because he knew too much about all the alien tech he saw, only they didn't have him actually erased and they did a terrible job of silencing him and then didn't do anything about that afterwards even though he keeps revealing all this insane stuff and we do actually have CIA black sites and are actively concealing alien technology and you'd think that'd be worth killing some random oddball over but nope" but personally I think "he used to be a contractor but it didn't work out and recordkeeping wasn't perfect so there are some conflicting HR documents" is at least 5% more plausible.

I know in the early 90s some people claimed that there was this plane, the TR-3, being built by Northrop as a test bed for alien tech. But I have never seen any evidence that that was true and that was almost thirty years ago now - I would be surprised that that much information got out, that early - model number, configuration, materials etc...then nothing for three decades afterwards. I mean anything is possible, but even though Occam's Razor is not a razor owned by a guy named Occam, still, I think simpler explanations are usually better ones.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Wait until they get the final evolution, the TR-7. It will be refined by replacing the powerplant with a much better one and called the TR-8.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Sigh...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If all this super secret shit is true, and you're talking about it openly on the interwebz, why aren't you in one of the FEMA rail cars headed for the camps?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I fucking love the "X-files." So much win in that show. 😀

Somehow, this ^^^^^ doesn't surprise me.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    We're in GD right? Back when my dad was hanging out with the escaped monk John Dobson and (I suspect) manufacturing psychedelics in San Francisco, he used to drive a TR-4A. He never mentioned it having anti-gravity capabilities but I think it generated some kind of field that disrupted electrical systems - I believe this is known as the Lucas Effect but I'm not an expert.

Anyway I have nothing against the idea that UFOs are visiting us in some way on a regular basis; I am just also really not a fan of the idea "I know something that is beyond top secret and can't tell you how I know but I can post it publicly without repercussions and you should trust me on this even though I have no credentials to explain how I would know something like that and the references I can give are Bob Lazar and Mattel or telling you to look at a video and infer with absolute certainty that there's only one explanation, which is alien tech that creates an inertia bubble."

Bob Lazar might well have seen some top secret stuff in his day and I'm in no position to say it COULDN'T be connected to alien tech; I think hardly anyone could make that guarantee. But I can't say I've ever been especially convinced on the basis of the extremely limited "evidence" he's offered, which has been stuff like "I can prove that I was once on the payroll there for something even though they said I was not one of their staff."

Hell, at the moderately large tech company I work for, we have contractors doing low level stuff, usually hoping to get hired full time and often getting there if they prove themselves, and if you asked if they were employees the company would say no, but if you went into the company directory you could find them. Nowadays, you'd find them and it would say something like maple.syrup(contractor) but twenty years ago, it was way more likely to have been just entered into a system with no iron-clad standard for what information was included. Actually now that I think about it, I used to be one of those contractors, for a different company. If you asked that company if I worked for them, they'd say "who? never heard of him" but I could tell you all about their internal systems in excruciating detail and show you ID if I still have it that would buzz me into their buildings etc etc etc.

I mean maybe the explanation is "the J-flight team erased Bob Lazar's existence because he knew too much about all the alien tech he saw, only they didn't have him actually erased and they did a terrible job of silencing him and then didn't do anything about that afterwards even though he keeps revealing all this insane stuff and we do actually have CIA black sites and are actively concealing alien technology and you'd think that'd be worth killing some random oddball over but nope" but personally I think "he used to be a contractor but it didn't work out and recordkeeping wasn't perfect so there are some conflicting HR documents" is at least 5% more plausible.

I know in the early 90s some people claimed that there was this plane, the TR-3, being built by Northrop as a test bed for alien tech. But I have never seen any evidence that that was true and that was almost thirty years ago now - I would be surprised that that much information got out, that early - model number, configuration, materials etc...then nothing for three decades afterwards. I mean anything is possible, but even though Occam's Razor is not a razor owned by a guy named Occam, still, I think simpler explanations are usually better ones.

Yeah!!!! What HE said ^^^^^^ to Infinity and beyond!
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wait until they get to this one...

This actually explains a lot. Lucas electric systems are based on alien technology incompatible with British engineering.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    This actually explains a lot. Lucas electric systems are based on alien technology incompatible with British engineering.
    So, in other words, vessels vehicles with sails...?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Oh, so that was part of the vax booster 5G upgrade.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    How did I miss the chemtrail thread?
    #RESIST

User Tag List