Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Old Man- TV series with Jeff Bridges

Site Supporter
    Watched the first two episodes last night. Pacing is deliberate punctuated by explosive violence and electric exchanges. An al star cast is definitely in play.

I am in for the summer fun. FX is continuing its programming excellence relative to more "mainstream" networks.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Watched episode 1 this evening and was really happy with the show.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

The first two episodes did not disappoint. I feel like they did a good job with the fight scenes by making it appear like it's actually a guy in his late 60s or early 70s fighting and not a super human senior citizen.

Also the guy that plays young John Lithgow nails the voice of John Lithgow. The subtleties of how he pronounces words are present without seeming forced.

Site Supporter
    Recorded the first 2 episodes. Looking forward to watching.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

So far so good.

I've got it recorded. Hope to check it out within the next couple of days or so.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post

Also the guy that plays young John Lithgow nails the voice of John Lithgow. The subtleties of how he pronounces words are present without seeming forced.
    I was watching last night and started to wonder if they had actually dubbed Lithgow's voice for him.

So far, I'm enjoying it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It didn't take the plot too long to diverge from the book.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Not too bad.
    Real time harvesting of nationwide Bodycam images, matching them to a presumably computer aged photo within hours, and delivering actionable intel(again within hours) is going to require some serious plot armor to keep him from simply being overwhelmed by police.
    Plus now he has "Ruthless Chris" Partlow after him, a veteran gang serial killer from Baltimore...

Plus now he has "Ruthless Chris" Partlow after him, a veteran gang serial killer from Baltimore...
    I was kind of hoping for Corn Pop.

User Tag List