Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Old Man- TV series with Jeff Bridges

Site Supporter
    I enjoyed the whole show. I guessed the basic outcome about his daughter earlier, but they didn't make it obvious. I probably analyze things too much. The two walking to the plane at the end, talking about what's next, was great. Maybe I am susceptible to those kinds of endings. (Or beginnings of the next season, it's been picked up.) If you were looking for something perfect, this wasn't it, but still enjoyable.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I guessed the basic outcome about his daughter earlier, but they didn't make it obvious.
    I had it running in the background so I'm sure I missed some things, but...
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    I figured she was Hamzad's daughter from the 2nd episode, but assumed she was not born until she was in the US. If she was already a child, her age would have been all wrong on the new identity documents so more people would have had to have been in on it, right?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Most piss-poor ending since the finale of the Battlestar Galactica reboot.

What a waste of seven-plus hours of viewing time.
    Okay.... Maybe I am too romantic and hopeful; I can disagree without being disagreeable.

Just finished Season Six of the Americans again, and the character development is pretty super awesome. The tradecraft is disgustingly obvious, for the American television consumer...but educational nonetheless.

Looks like The Americans is leaving Amasomething Primish this week. Likely going to HULU where Fox's other stuff lives....

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 07-25-2022 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Decided semicolon was better puntuation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Okay.... Maybe I am too romantic and hopeful; I can disagree without being disagreeable.

Just finished Season Six of the Americans again, and the character development is pretty super awesome. The tradecraft is disgustingly obvious, for the American television consumer...but educational nonetheless.

Looks like The Americans is leaving Amasomething Primish this week. Likely going to HULU where Fox's other stuff lives....

pat
    And Mark Knopfler singing "Brothers in Arms" (by FAR not the most grossing song of the album, but a very powerful one), with a sound painfully recalling Oleg... and U2 pre woke doing "With or Without You' absolutely drew tears...again...

...had a snide comment, but chickened out at the end...

Also had an observation on how small, trivial facts can lead a talented investigator to the right conclusion....

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 07-25-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Okay, need some help...I don't watch much cable, so I've watched this whole series on Prime. However, the last episode comes up 'not available in your area' when I try to buy it. Any ideas what the problem is?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Okay, need some help...I don't watch much cable, so I've watched this whole series on Prime. However, the last episode comes up 'not available in your area' when I try to buy it. Any ideas what the problem is?
    Can't help with the original show posted...trying hard to manage the thread drift....that I caused...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I had a similar weird error with the New Bevis and Butthead movie. Any chance you are using ATT/DirectTV? I was able to get it on my phone through the Prime Video app and stream it to the ATT box, but couldn’t get it directly through the box. It gave me the same “not available in your area” error.

I guess I’m glad I didn’t make it past episode 3
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I had a similar weird error with the New Bevis and Butthead movie. Any chance you are using ATT/DirectTV? I was able to get it on my phone through the Prime Video app and stream it to the ATT box, but couldn’t get it directly through the box. It gave me the same “not available in your area” error.
    Nope, Cox internet on my computer. Watched every episode except this one. Logged into my cox account to watch it there and it wouldn't play. Don't have a clue.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List