Thread: Holster for new model Colt King Cobra 3"

Holster for new model Colt King Cobra 3"

Has anyone found a holster for the 3" Colt King Cobra?

AWIB preferred but I am open to other options.

(Posting here since this is where the revolver folks hang out)

My son and I use these: https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Revol...ps%2C70&sr=8-5 They hold tight to the body, and are well made.

Just received mine a couple of weeks ago, 3" King Cobra, and this works for me AIWB or 3:00 although it is not specifically advertised as AWIB. No built in wedge but you could add one easily.

https://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hst2r00.htm

Privateer Leather and Ryan Grizzle have the castings and are both making all their revolver leather holsters for the new 3" King Cobra.

I got mine from Simply Rugged. The Silver Dollar Pancake. You can wear it OWB or IWB if you get the optional belt loops

I'm using a DeSantis Speed Scabbard made for the Ruger SP 101 3" for OWB and a Kramer IWB horsehide for the same gun works great for the KC. Fit is good and the quality is right up there. Bought them both off of ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I got mine from Simply Rugged. The Silver Dollar Pancake. You can wear it OWB or IWB if you get the optional belt loops
    Same here, it works really well.

Name:  IMG_0060.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  28.0 KB

So I finally got around to adding the King Cobra to my permit, qualified with it back in February and shot a tighter qual group than with my semi's. We need to list each one we want to carry on the permit, and it used to be limited to three in this county probably just because that's how many spaces there were on the old paper standard state issued application, even though it's up to each county Sheriff to implement and most do online applications now. It just got raised to six here, and the funny thing is for now I've stopped at four by adding just this one. It's looking like my primary carry for the near future. Gold Dot short barrel 135's in town, easily swapped to non-lead 140gr Barnes Vor-TX for the woods.

Turnaround for the add-on was less than a week, picked up the new permit yesterday morning and have been wearing the 3-inch KC in the holster shown above pretty much every waking hour since then. It's still comfortable and conceals so easily that I really don't even need to think about it. Still trying various reload options, for sure a speed strip and for now there's a HKS speedloader in one jacket pocket, may try a couple of different split six style on-belt pouches and see what works best.

Try not to drift too much but I find the HKS D Frame speedloaders with the KC 3" work great for alignment. I carry mine in a split-six.

User Tag List