Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA President Special Election 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I am voting for Yee-Min Lin. I am convinced that he is the best candidate to lead USPSA beyond the recent difficulties.

It's also really cool that he got into USPSA because of Gabe White's training diary on this forum!
    Link?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I am voting for Yee-Min Lin. I am convinced that he is the best candidate to lead USPSA beyond the recent difficulties.

It's also really cool that he got into USPSA because of Gabe White's training diary on this forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Link?
    USPSA Members only link here.
    Yee-Min Lin
    "...I discovered USPSA through Gabe White’s online training diary after years of tactical/defensive training."
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I had some time to kill the other day on a 5 hr drive so listened to all four of the GFDS candidate interviews. I also read their bio and answers to the Q&A on the USPSA website.

The interviews were informative, the moderator (Bill Duda) did a good job of being impartial and asked all the candidates the same questions. They did help me narrow it down from four to two:

Candidate 1: Nice guy, been around a while, and knows how the BoD works. But lacked vision and the moderator kept having to bring him back on track to provide his views on a topic or state an opinion.

Candidate 2: He’s running on a platform that he’s angry. Went on multiple rants. Did I say he was angry about something?

Candidate 3: Articulate, well spoken, and presented a vision that addressed the questions well. However I’ve seen this guy in action working major matches and his statement about “leading by example” stuck in my craw because I’ve witnessed him doing the exact opposite too many times.

Candidate 4: Has kind of a vision but was all over the place on his answers. Also seems to lack experience operating on a scale larger than a small local club.

Suffice to say I was less than impressed by any of them …sigh…

Anyone have info on candidates beyond what's on USPSA site? Or care to share why you're voting for one over the others/one stands out over others? I was planning on voting for Hopkins before he dropped out, so hadn't looked too much into other candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    I had some time to kill the other day on a 5 hr drive so listened to all four of the GFDS candidate interviews.
    Link to these interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Anyone have info on candidates beyond what's on USPSA site? Or care to share why you're voting for one over the others/one stands out over others? I was planning on voting for Hopkins before he dropped out, so hadn't looked too much into other candidates.

Link to these interviews?

Bruce Wells:
    https://youtu.be/bEAa5QPHP_A

Yee Min Lin:
    https://youtu.be/gikOB2G76J0

Steve Moneypenny:
    https://youtu.be/7iKj26zn_AI

Mike Shatalov:
    https://youtu.be/UF0-_zyWDQk

I listened to the Candidates on the GFDS channel, and reviewed their bios on the USPSA site.

I voted for Yee-Min Lin. I felt he had the most level-headed, mature and up to date approach as to where USPSA can go as President.

After listening to them all, I chose Mike Shatalov. I feel he places the membership first with an emphasis on the volunteer nature of the sport.

Goes to a runoff

@Clusterfrack

Will be interesting for the runoff

It would be nice if Bruce would concede to Yee; he received around 50% less votes. It would save USPSA money and time. However, I doubt he will.
    While I did not vote for Yee the first time around, and although I think his censorship idea was ill conceived and not well thought out, (I hope he has reconsidered this idea), and I have seen some other disparaging remarks about Yee’s stage RO attendance, I cannot in good conscience vote for an incumbent board member for President. I realize that some are making a case for voting for Bruce so another Area Director could be voted in, however, a temporary Director would be appointed until the regular election cycle comes around, which is next summer, so I don’t see any sense in such convoluted thinking. The normal Presidential election cycle will come around again soon enough, so if Yee proves not to be the man, another choice can be voted in then.
    With the change in bylaws, the President’s power has been greatly limited, but he still has the “bully pulpit” from which to rally the members. I hope the communications, accountability and openness will greatly approve with a new President.🙏

User Tag List