Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: USPSA President Special Election 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A problem with USPSA is who exactly is the "they?" There seem to be many who can throw monkey wrenches, like the BOD, NROI and maybe the President, but no one has the power to make decisions and right the ship.
    Typical non profit

Offered without comment. (I would hate to be banned from USPSA for offering my comments.)

https://uspsa.org/documents/announce...esignation.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Offered without comment. (I would hate to be banned from USPSA for offering my comments.)

I am at least somewhat consoled by this:

the Board offered to reduce his discipline to Level 3 and allow him to retain his RO certification if he agreed to accept responsibility for his behavior and complete mandatory re-education as required under the RO Discipline Procedure. However, Lin rejected the proposal leaving the Board with no option except to uphold the Level 4 discipline. Under the Bylaws, since Lin is no longer an RO, he is ineligible to hold office and is considered to have resigned as President of USPSA as of May 31, 2023.
    They at least gave an option to remediate that IMO he should have taken.

Like it or not, if it were any other organization trying to be modern… HR would absolutely have done something like this.

Someone told me we had PCSL matches in the area but I couldn't find them.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I see this PCSL mentioned, I'm going to check that out.

https://www.pcsleague.com/

Edit: No matches in FL yet, boo.

https://practiscore.com/search/matches?query=PCSL

On topic, I am not currently a USPSA member as mine lapsed last year, but based on the input here, it seems odd they'd make someone step down from their position and withdraw their RSO creds based on a single incident.

In previous corporate life, I was briefly part of an investigation into an individual who shall we say had performance issues. It took quite a bit of documented and consistent evidence of a persistent history of misconduct in order to eventually fire this guy, but it took months and months. In the case of YML, it's not clear to me the punishment fits the crime, but USPSA gonna USPSA I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Someone told me we had PCSL matches in the area but I couldn't find them.
    There was one at SLPSA in late May.

Closest one on PractiScore appears to be a PCSL 2-gun match in St George Nov 29 - December 3.

There was one at SLPSA in late May.

Closest one on PractiScore appears to be a PCSL 2-gun match in St George Nov 29 - December 3.
    The two day format of PCSL of some matches was a deal breaker for me.

Some of the 2 gun format suffers some of the setup and reset slowness that plagues 3-gun.

I’d rather just go to a 4-7 stage USPSA match or 10 stage IDPA match that usually takes from 9a-2p.

They offered YML a chance to admit and rehab, he chose not to.

Some of the descriptions of his shenanigans was unbecoming an RO at a major match.

I don’t want the RO humping my ass or calling Deltas Dicks.

They offered him a chance to take the high road and he chose not to. So I’m in agreement that’s a resignation.

I’m with the board on this one. Change has to happen somewhere, sometime. Regardless of what was in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I am at least somewhat consoled by this:

They at least gave an option to remediate that IMO he should have taken.

Like it or not, if it were any other organization trying to be modern… HR would absolutely have done something like this.
    I think YML decided to not even bother anymore. At this point why would anyone even want to be the president of USPSA??

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I think YML decided to not even bother anymore. At this point why would anyone even want to be the president of USPSA??
    I think Stoeger might...so that he could do barrel rolls augering in.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I think Stoeger might...so that he could do barrel rolls augering in.
    Regardless of who is elected, the authority of the president has been greatly reduced by the recent bylaw changes and essentially is now controlled by the board. Here’s the funny part: a lot of that development were the reaction (overreaction perhaps) to Stoeger actions over the years.

User Tag List