Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA President Special Election 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think the runoff election is nearly as good an outcome as a full win for Yee-Min. The membership will have a clear choice: (1) Bruce bringing more of the Mike Foley approach vs. (2) Yee-Min bringing more transparency, competitive equity, and an emphasis on USPSA as a sport. I am confident that option 2 will be the majority choice, and we will move beyond the problems of the last few years.
    I hope you are right, but I would not be surprised if the runoff is much closer with many (almost all?) of the other candidate votes going to Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

@YVK, I'm fairly sure you were being sarcastic about Troy or NROI interpreting results ...
    Yes.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I hope you are right, but I would not be surprised if the runoff is much closer with many (almost all?) of the other candidate votes going to Bruce.
    I sure hope not. An incumbent board member as President; no transparency then.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrussell View Post
    I sure hope not. An incumbent board member as President; no transparency then.
    It’ll be interesting. I was wondering if the establishment vote would be split three ways and the progressive vote would clearly go to Yee-Min.

I’m actually curious to see how the run off vote will go.

I hope it’ll go 75/25.

But wouldn’t be surprised if it went 55/45

The individual members actually voting shall constitute a quorum and those persons receiving the highest number of votes cast shall be deemed elected.
    Majority Required: No candidate for Area Director or President may serve without having received a majority of votes cast. In the event that no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, a run-off election shall be conducted between the two candidates receiving the most votes.
    Now YTF couldn't the email just say this. I think USPSA should hire you for there membership notifications.

The above is from the bylaws. Looks as though the runoff will be between Bruce and Lee.

Emphasis added above: OK, am I the only one that got a chuckle from this??

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Now YTF couldn't the email just say this. I think USPSA should hire you for there membership notifications.

I can’t take credit for this finding; we had a parallel conversation going on the HitFactor discord channel. Based on that information I just copied the information from the Bylaws posted on the USPSA web page. I do agree the email was very confusing and not well written. No surprise there.

Emphasis added above: OK, am I the only one that got a chuckle from this??
    Can’t take credit for this one either; never noticed the name juxtaposition. Cool that you did.

Runoff voting is active

Get out there and vote!

I voted for Yee-Min (again).

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I voted for Yee-Min (again).
    So did I.

Same.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List