Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ammoshop loose 124gr Geco squib,…

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post

…(@jeep45238 I’ve got one of those brass rods you linked to coming tomorrow, so if it works to dislodge the stuck round with no damage to the barrel or additional $$ spent trying to fix it,.. chalk up to a good learning experience!!) 👍🏻
    @Lester Polfus Apologies,.. it was YOUR link I used when I bought that brass rod!
    (…still waiting on Amazon!) 🤷*♂️

Like others have mentioned, you want everything solid. A piece of wood on a concrete floor will suffice. A piece of oak of other hardwood is best but not required. Use a real hammer made out of steel and a brass rod hitting it out towards the chamber. You have probably obturated the bullet bigger on the base that's not entered the barrel yet. You really don't want to hammer it out the direction it was heading I can promise you that. Always push them out the chamber end unless they are past half way through the barrel and fully engraved already, then it's just the shortest distance to have to deal with.

Update: you can’t make this shit up,…

Oh FFS!!! Amazon delivered an EMPTY PKG and the brass rod I ordered is no longer in stock for replacing it!!!🤦.
    Pkg had a hole in it & Item was missing. I received an EMPTY plastic sleeve.

So,.. I guess it’s wait until the weekend to search Lowes or HD
    (…I’ve got a dentist appt today before work!)

For a brass rod, a traditional Ace or True Value may be better - they usually have a K&S display.

https://www.acehardware.com/brands/ks
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

SUCCESS!!!

Innit funny how things go when using the right tools!

Hell,.. I Barely had to tap on it this time using an actual hammer. I finally acquired a couple brass rods, I also Bought some magnetic, polymer pads for my vice. I took the barrel out the freezer, clamped the breach in the vice, inserted the brass rod,.. tapped, not whacked,.. TAPPED it 3-4 times & PLINK

…Out it popped. 👍🏻

Name:  00883FBF-98F1-449C-A505-9368BDCA7A7E.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  26.9 KB

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!
    Last edited by Chomps; 05-21-2022 at 07:57 PM.

Hell,.. I Barely had to tap on it this time using an actual hammer. I finally acquired a couple brass rods, I also Bought some magnetic, polymer pads for my vice. I took the barrel out the freezer, clamped the breach in the vice, inserted the brass rod,.. tapped, not whacked,.. TAPPED it 3-4 times & PLINK

…Out it popped. 👍🏻

Name:  00883FBF-98F1-449C-A505-9368BDCA7A7E.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  26.9 KB

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!
    Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'll go sit in my corner now.

Glad that you were able to dislodge the damned thing from your bore. Nuthin' worse than a 'sick' gun...
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I also Bought some magnetic, polymer pads for my vice.
    And you will luv those things for lots of tasks. One thing about buying tools to accomplish a specific task, you typically end up with some handy tools.

Some of this Geco & Norma stuff was just recalled, although for symptoms the opposite of what apparently caused OP's problem.

WARNING: IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE REGARDING CERTAIN 9MM AMMUNITION

RUAG Ammotec USA, Inc. is issuing a voluntary recall of specific SKUs/articles and corresponding Lot numbers of 9mm ammunition identified below, due to possible performance inconsistencies in a small percentage of the ammunition.

DANGER: STOP USING YOUR 9MM AMMUNITION IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED WHETHER YOUR AMMUNITION FALLS WITHIN THE BELOW SKU/ARTICLE/LOT NUMBER LIST. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO YOUR FIREARM AND/OR INJURY

POTENTIALLY AFFECTED SKU/LOT NUMBERS
    • GECO 202200025 - Lot No: SAV22D0052, SAV22D0053, SAV22D0054, SAV22D0055, SAVD0056, SAVD0057, SAVD0058, SAVD0059, SAVD0060
    • GECO 202200020 - Lot No: SAV22D0085, SAV22D0086
    • Norma 911550050 - Lot No: SAV22C0024, SAV22C0025
    • Norma 912450050 - Lot No: SAV22C0037, SAV22C0038, SAV22C0039, SAV22C0040, SAV22C0041
    • GECO 270840050 - Lot No: SAV22C0030, SAV22C0033

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE
    Through its quality control efforts, RUAG has identified possible crimping irregularities in a small number of rounds within the ammunition SKUs/Lots identified above that could allow the projectile to be seated further into the casing than intended. Continued use of the potentially affected ammunition could impact safe firearm performance leading to property damage and/or injury.

This issue could affect a small percentage of ammunition within the SKUs/Lots identified in the chart above.

If you are uncertain as to whether your ammunition falls with the potentially impacted SKU/Lot numbers, or if you have any additional questions concerning this notification or need assistance with these instructions, please contact a RUAG Customer Service Representative by email: sales@ammoshoponline.com or phone: (912) 342-2272. For more information about this notice, you call also visit Ammoshoponline.com

HOW TO DETERMINE THE SKU/LOT NUMBER FOR YOUR AMMUNITION
    The SKU and/or Lot number for your ammunition is located on the packaging as follows:

WHAT TO DO IF YOUR AMMUNITION IS AFFECTED
    Once you have determined, based on its SKU/Article/Lot number, that your ammunition is one of the affected products, please sumit a return request by email: Sales@ammotshoponline or by phone: (912)342-2272 to receive pre-paid shipping label.Once your ammunition is returned, we will refund your full purchase price for the subject ammunition through your original payment method and provide a discount code for 20% off your next purchase at Ammoshoponline.com ("Discount Code"). The Discount Code is valid until July 31, 2022.

Site Supporter

…Out it popped. 👍🏻
    THANKS EVERYBODY!!!
    I'm really glad this worked out for you. The right tools and some words of encouragement can really take this from a "%(^##$ this gun" to "man, that stinks, back to it".

User Tag List