Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What caliber would you be most interested in seeing tested?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I put up a quick survey, on my blog, asking what calibers people would like to see tested. Stop by and let me know what you would like to see in the future.

https://general-cartridge.com/2022/0...to-see-tested/
    I'm a big fan of your testing.

Personally, I'd love to see the .38 +p Underwood 125gr Gold Dot tested.

This one seems to be in the potential 'goldilocks zone' between .38 and .357, achieving ~950fps-1000fps from a 2" LCR/J frame. Basically like a rimmed 9mm velocity wise.

Some reputable testing of that load would be very welcome.

https://www.underwoodammo.com/38-spe...low-point.html

The XTP version would also be equally interesting and is in stock:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020443027

Vending Machine Operator
    I understand that nobody likes .40 anymore and it's vanishingly unlikely to see anything, but I just recently grabbed 300 rounds of Speer G2 in .40, 180-grain, for pre-pandemic pricing (25 per 50) and I was surprised to find basically no testing data for it.

I already shoot 180-grain Gold Dot in all of my .40s and have a solid back-supply of it (years ago followed the DocGKR rule and grabbed a few pallets of a "List" round), and I am very satisfied with the track record of that round, but these were really cheap and Speer is almost always good. Anyone know if this has been tested?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I understand that nobody likes .40 anymore and it's vanishingly unlikely to see anything, but I just recently grabbed 300 rounds of Speer G2 in .40, 180-grain, for pre-pandemic pricing (25 per 50) and I was surprised to find basically no testing data for it.

I already shoot 180-grain Gold Dot in all of my .40s and have a solid back-supply of it (years ago followed the DocGKR rule and grabbed a few pallets of a "List" round), and I am very satisfied with the track record of that round, but these were really cheap and Speer is almost always good. Anyone know if this has been tested?
    I'll second that. I think it's a fine idea.

I'd like to see the new 9mm 147gr HST. These changed the bullet design not long ago, so a lot of the older tests are no longer valid. I'd also like to see 9mm tested out of a 3.5-ish inch barrel. People are less likely to be carrying 4" 9mms now. Most seem to be 3.1" to 3.7". So 3.5" seems to be a good midpoint (thing G26 as a test gun.)

The Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr +P would also be interesting. The FBI went with this load, so it has that endorsement.

User Tag List