Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What caliber would you be most interested in seeing tested?

What caliber would you be most interested in seeing tested?

I put up a quick survey, on my blog, asking what calibers people would like to see tested. Stop by and let me know what you would like to see in the future.

https://general-cartridge.com/2022/0...to-see-tested/
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

No option for 30-30 150 gr in 16 and 20" barrels.....
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

A great many people, including myself, routinely carry .38 Special snubbies as EDC for concealed carry. Many common so-called defense loads do not expand from the S&W J-frames with 1-7/8" barrels, and wadcutter ammo is often suggested as an alternative. I would be interested in a comparison of Non+P loads which are suitable for carry in the light alloy frame revolvers such as the S&W Model 37, Colt Agent and Charter Arms Undercover. Having shot several Airweight revolvers loose with +P ammo, having to choose a +P load is an expensive choice when the gun develops end shake or goes out of time and the factory will not repair your gun due to "abuse."

.22 LR and .22 mag
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

.38 FMJ flat points from snubbies
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    A great many people, including myself, routinely carry .38 Special snubbies as EDC for concealed carry. Many common so-called defense loads do not expand from the S&W J-frames with 1-7/8" barrels, and wadcutter ammo is often suggested as an alternative. I would be interested in a comparison of Non+P loads which are suitable for carry in the light alloy frame revolvers such as the S&W Model 37, Colt Agent and Charter Arms Undercover. Having shot several Airweight revolvers loose with +P ammo, having to choose a +P load is an expensive choice when the gun develops end shake or goes out of time and the factory will not repair your gun due to "abuse."
    Not to steal 5 Pins' thunder but hopefully this will save him some work.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...ial-cartridge/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If you're testing in VYSE, may I request the following from short barrels?

147 grain HST
    147 grain Winchester M1153
    147 grain RA9SXT-C

I appreciate your efforts.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    If you're testing in VYSE, may I request the following from short barrels?

147 grain HST
    147 grain Winchester M1153
    147 grain RA9SXT-C

I appreciate your efforts.
    Want to see the SXTC and HST myself from a 3” or 3.1” so I strongly second this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

.38 Special, .327 Magnum, and the new .30 Super Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    .38 Special, .327 Magnum, and the new .30 Super Carry.
    I get a lot of people asking me to test the .30 SC. Unfortunately I don't have one.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List