Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTR holsters GTG?

MTR holsters GTG?

I just picked up a Ruger Officer-sized 9mm 1911 on a whim. I’d like to find a decent holster for it.

Tony doesn’t list these for my usual OWB2, so I’m looking at leather. I like 55BN / Avenger style holsters and came across MTR, who I know absolutely nothing about. There isn’t much here that I can find, either.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/pro...bbard-holster/
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I had them build me a Glock red dot IWB holster and its held up pretty well. I used it pretty regularly for about 2 years and it still looks brand new.

Site Supporter
    I had them make a Glock 19 holster with an attached TLR1HL. In the order they gave me the option of open or closed muzzle. I selected open muzzle, which is my preference. When I received the holster the muzzle was closed, and the workmanship was not what it should have been. When I called them and informed them of my issues, they stated that they did WML holsters with a closed muzzle. I asked why did you give the option and then not follow the customers specifications, or at least contact me? I basically got a too bad answer. When I said I would return it unused, I was told I would only get a partial refund. I would stick with Milt Sparks or JMCK for Kydex or one of the other makers here on PF. Just my experience.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I had them make a Glock 19 holster with an attached TLR1HL. In the order they gave me the option of open or closed muzzle. I selected open muzzle, which is my preference. When I received the holster the muzzle was closed, and the workmanship was not what it should have been. When I called them and informed them of my issues, they stated that they did WML holsters with a closed muzzle. I asked why did you give the option and then not follow the customers specifications, or at least contact me? I basically got a too bad answer. When I said I would return it unused, I was told I would only get a partial refund. I would stick with Milt Sparks or JMCK for Kydex or one of the other makers here on PF. Just my experience.
    Yeah, I don’t think that was appropriate. I may just need to wait for a Sparks - I would do a JMCK OWB2 in a heartbeat but Tony doesn’t do this gun. And I’m not sure who else does a 55BN type holster these days.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Could you not just get a JM for a 1911 Commander? If necessary, you could trim the length yourself or see if Tony will take some off, but the gun will fit. Only difference is extra space at the end. If I had to guess why it’s not on the list, it’d say it’s because people with Officers just order Commander or Government holsters.

It's not a 55BN but it is a Milt Sparks for a 3" 1911
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/28476465773...kAAOSwx49iV2So

Good point - I’ve heard the Rugers are a tad longer than some of the other Officer’s type pistols, that would be a way of assuring the best possible fit. Hmmm…
    Ken

Kramer makes some nice stuff. Nice folks, too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just picked up a Ruger Officer-sized 9mm 1911 on a whim. I’d like to find a decent holster for it.

Tony doesn’t list these for my usual OWB2, so I’m looking at leather. I like 55BN / Avenger style holsters and came across MTR, who I know absolutely nothing about. There isn’t much here that I can find, either.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/pro...bbard-holster/
    We can trim our OWB2 to the officer size , just let me know in the comments.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    We can trim our OWB2 to the officer size , just let me know in the comments.
    Thanks, Tony - I’ll get one ordered. Ruger’s spec of a 3.6” barrel worries me a little, I’m not sure how close it is to other OM type pistols. We can work it out.
    Ken

User Tag List