Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preferred phone cases

I've been very happy with my Amazon sourced Belk case for an iPhone 12.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Last night I was clumsy and dropped my phone from waist height. It landed face down on a tile floor. The glass screen saver didn’t even crack.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I’ve run the gamut of cases and now I use Quadlock cases across the board. They are slim, have nice rounded edges, offer good protection, and associated family of mounts are excellent.

You just beat me to it. I also came here to say quadlock, works really well. I have the bases all over so I can watch youtube while I do dishes, shave, stuff like that.

I tried many different ones when I got my first iPhone, but quickly found I preferred lightweight and minimalist and settled on caseology brand for every phone I’ve had since.

https://www.caseologycases.com/

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'm a tool and use the magpul case, it does what I want a case to do

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I'm a tool and use the magpul case, it does what I want a case to do
    So...are they mutually exclusive...or...?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I posted the below in response to another thread regarding cell phones:

Regarding screen protectors, I've sworn by the Maxboost tempered glass protectors for years. Incredibly affordable (especially compared to some of the ridiculously expensive brand name options like Zagg and others), durable, and—most important to me—easily installed with the included alignment frame. A crooked screen protector drives me absolutely nuts. Sadly, it seems like that company may be going under, as they're no longer available on Amazon and the manufacturer's website has very limited offerings. I suppose that's probably not very helpful. I'd take a look at what Mobile Tech Reviews has to say about screen protectors, as they tend to provide good, non-nonsense reviews: https://youtu.be/Jpv3xKPUlUI?t=68.

I know you mentioned you already got a case, but I'd like to throw in a quick plug for the Caudabe Sheath. I'm a bit finnicky about my cases and absolutely love this one. It's about as thin as you can get while still having a built-in magnet and providing a reasonable degree of protection. Button responsiveness is excellent. By far my favorite attribute is the pebbled texture. Unlike just every other polymer case I've tried, this one never feels slippery or slimy because of the texturing, yet it isn't so grippy that it becomes difficult to pull out of your pocket.

Honorable mentions to the following:

• Mous Limitless 4.0. This is probably the toughest case out there that still maintains a svelte form factor. This one has a somewhat unique lip around the display that has peaks toward the top and bottom of the phone to keep the display elevated when face-down on a surface, but slopes downward toward the middle of the phone so the lip doesn't protrude as much when swiping from side to side—a definite pro for the Tinder aficionados.
    • Smartish Gripmunk. This one has a unique ridged and textured edge around the borders of the phone, which makes it easy to hold on to.
    • Apple Leather Case. Apple's OEM accessories often tend to work better than many aftermarket options. Good button responsiveness and the leather makes the case just grippy enough without sticking to your pocket like their silicone cases. This would be my preferred case if I wasn't worried about water resistance, as it's a classy look (I run with my phone and the case would get soaked in sweat multiple times a week).
    • Labilus Rugged Shield. If you liked the old Magpul Field Case design, this is your jam. Button responsiveness is exceptional (I ended up putting my mom's phone in one of these because she had issues depressing the buttons on another case due to hand strength limitations). No Magsafe compatibility, though.

I’ve been using one of the Mous cases on an iPhone XR for about 2 years now. No screen protector. The phone has survived several drops onto concrete, tile, and asphalt. When I finally get a new phone I’ll buy another Mous case for it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List