Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred phone cases

Preferred phone cases

I’ve just about gotten all the useful life I can out of my iPhone X. Now, with all the iPhone 13 deals, I’m also looking at cases. I’ve never liked Otterboxes for the bulk they add plus the shitty plastic screen cover, and Magpul never gets around to making a new case until a phone is obsolete. What cases are people using these days on the current phones?

I am very happy with the Smartish Wallet case. Great protection and, if traveling or a “light” day, it can hold 3/4 cards securely. So CPL, ID, and 1 or 2 cards… I’m a happy camper with it.

Get a stick-on glass and camera protector and you’re set, IMHO.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    I’ve just about gotten all the useful life I can out of my iPhone X. Now, with all the iPhone 13 deals, I’m also looking at cases. I’ve never liked Otterboxes for the bulk they add plus the shitty plastic screen cover, and Magpul never gets around to making a new case until a phone is obsolete. What cases are people using these days on the current phones?
    I've been really hard on a couple of Lifeproof cases, several in the household. Normal life, hard outdoor use, etc.
    https://www.lifeproof.com/
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Call me a minimalist. Anything bulky would keep me from carrying it.

Add these and you're done.

(I take care of my gear, so I can't attest to what happens if I throw it off the roof.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I have some random case that has bumpers and raised parts. Doesn't really make it bulky but technically bulkier than without. However, top of my must have list for cell phone is durability. Don't care how new it is if it's fragile. So I typically buy stuff that can be thrown off a roof to begin with

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    My iPhone 12 is in a Pelican case, and carried using a leather belt pouch made by The Leather Sisters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I've been very happy with the Spigen Liquid Air for a pixel and an iphone, used with privacy screen protectors. I also have a SupCase Unicorn Beetle Pro that I got for when I want something more protective, but I haven't really felt a need to use it yet. It was very well-reviewed when I got it and it not bad to use but I haven't really used it much at all yet.

The Otterbox Symmetry Series case is a lot sleeker than their bulkier offerings. I have one on my phone, which has taken several extreme tumbles on concrete and asphalt with zero damage to phone or case.

Site Supporter
    I have a new iphone 12 from work and found a Body Glove case that is working well. No issues with sounds/microphones and it came with a lanyard.

I had recommended getting the mini iPhone 13(I thought the wide-angle camera lens could work for house marketing photos) because I wanted to add an Otterbox and knew it would be bulky. Since I'm a minion they disregarded my recommendation and ordered 12's. So, I watched this video to get an idea of what is available and did find a case for my boss(she was upgraded from an iPhone 7 to a 12) from the video:

--Jason--

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I had Lifeproof cases, but I found that they just didn't hold up. The rubber around the edges broke down. I've had better luck with the Otterbox Defender, even though it's not waterproof like the Lifeproof.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List