Thread: 6360 vs 7360 for Glock 17

Site Supporter

6360 vs 7360 for Glock 17

I recently picked up a Gen 5 Glock 17 and would like to get a Level 3 holster for it. The Blackhawk option looks good, but I’m not sure if I would like it. The ALS system is what I know, and the draw stroke in on it translates to a good grip and other holster types, including thumb break.

I’m most experienced with the 6360 but have used a 7360 in the past. The 6360 feels sturdier to me, and recent Safariland QC in regard to the 7360 has me questioning it. Of course if the same QC is affecting the 6360, it’s a moot point.

I haven’t fully ruled out the Blackhawk, and I would love to see US Duty Gear release a Level 3.

This will be for a NON light bearing holster/gun combo.

Have you all noticed any difference in quality between the 6360 vs 7360 of late?

I’d rule out anything by Blackhawk…but that’s just me. Depending or what your usage is going to be the 7 series stuff is pretty good although I greatly prefer the 6 series Safariland holsters for hard use where falling onto, rolling around on and having the holster basically abused or where the potential of them being violently removed is a possibility.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I’d rule out anything by Blackhawk…but that’s just me. Depending or what your usage is going to be the 7 series stuff is pretty good although I greatly prefer the 6 series Safariland holsters for hard use where falling onto, rolling around on and having the holster basically abused or where the potential of them being violently removed is a possibility.
    That was my thought. The 6360 just seems tougher and more durable.

My plan is to call US Duty Gear this week and see when their level 3 is going to be released.

I’ve got or used all of the ones you’ve mentioned. I’d go 63xx first, then Blackhawk, then 73xx.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’ve got or used all of the ones you’ve mentioned. I’d go 63xx first, then Blackhawk, then 73xx.

Ok, going 6360 was my gut instinct. Thank you both for the conformation.

I’m a 6300 guy whenever they make it for the pistol.

I've been long-term testing one of Vega's Level 2/3 tactical duty holsters for my G17, and have been pretty impresssed with both its intrinsic quality and value.

Best, Jon

Based on what I have seen, I think the 63XX series is better. The 73XX (assuming you have a choice) fixed the issue of the large opening behind the trigger issue on the WML versions in some of the 63xx holsters . Despite that, and after getting a 73 series for that reason, I went back to the 63 series for my own use.

Given the option, I might opt for one of the U.S. Duty gear holsters or perhaps a Blackhawk. But that is not an option for me so I have not spent much time on the issue.

User Tag List